Generous tip to drink waiter?

Bongo

Hi,

I know a few of you have mentioned giving a generous tip to the pool waiters in the beginning of the week so that you receive great service for the rest of the cruise. Do you typically give them cash? or do you just add it to the sail and sign card? I wasn't sure if tips were pooled during shifts....

Thanks!

I know a few of you have mentioned giving a generous tip to the pool waiters in the beginning of the week so that you receive great service for the rest of the cruise. Do you typically give them cash? or do you just add it to the sail and sign card? I wasn't sure if tips were pooled during shifts....
Cash, always cash. Typically, gratuity adjustments to the S&S are done near the end of the cruise and besides, bar/pool waiters are not included in the daily S&S autotip amount anyway.

We've never given them at the start of the cruise, but we definitely seek out our favorites at the end of the cruise, make a picture with them, and then slip them cold hard cash. That really paid off when we returned to the Paradise a few months later for our second and third cruises on this ship. Each server was still there, remembered our names, and gave us even better service, so I think it would work!

$7.25? What ship were you on? LOL... Bars at the pool were crowded, we used our pool waiter and never had an empty drink... can't miss those pink shirts :D We tipped ours in the beginning, through the week and at the end. He was the BEST!!!! Took very good care of us and was worth every penny... The pool waiters will get you anything you want... and if you have a good one, your glass will always be full :D If you were to get the "foo foo" of the day in the souvenir glass it would be $7.25... but most get refills and don't continually spend $7.25... just spend it once :rolleyes:

Archived