Carnival Fascination or Majesty of the Seas?

avidsailor

This answer won't really help, but I was on Majesty earlier this year, and enjoyed it very much...It's been recently refurbished, and seemed almost new...Also liked the layout of the ship, and especially the buffet area...Bands were good, and it was just a very relaxing weekend.

I haven't sailed Carnival yet, ( that will be later this summer), but can vouch for Majesty...Hopefully you'll get some replies in regards to the Fascination, and can then make your decision.

Hello- I would prefer the Majesty. We have sailed her twice and are set to sail her again in July (can't to see upgrades) I also sailed Imagination which I believe is the sister ship to Fascination. I thought that for the most part the food and entertainment was comparable, rooms slightly bigger on Imagination, service was much better on Majesty and I felt more cramped and overall crowded on the Imaginaion. I also enjoyed the stops more on the majesty- was in key west longer. You will though enjoy either.

I have been on both ships and prefer the Fascination....and this was before the refurbishment...

the cabins on Majesty OTS are much smaller than the Fascination....our inside cabin was 135 sq ft and on Fascination, it is 185 sq ft....I got very claustrophobic...

on the Majesty OTS nothing really stood out as great...nothing was bad, but nothing was "great" either....did not have any complaints from the Fascination cruise...was wonderful!!

we are going on RCCL again this October...hoping to have a better experience...I have read their voyager class ships are very nice!! :)

Marsha

I've been on Fascination twice and Majesty once (pre-refurb) and would totally opt for Majesty. The cabins are smaller but that is the only negative I can think of and on this itinerary you aren't in it much anyway. The cruises on Fascination were the only 2 "bad" cruises I've ever had.

If it were me, I'd choose by itinerary. CoCo Cay is a fun day.

Archived