Majesty of the Seas or Carnival Fascination?

avidsailor

Greetings RCI cruisers. We're trying to decide on a 4nt out of Miami in order for my DH to visit Key West and give my DS a cruise for graduation. We've been on Mariner and I've cruised seven times, however never on Carnival. I liked the Mariner ship but was disappointed in the lack of passenger commeraderie. Has anyone been on both of these ships? Insights appreciated!

IMHO the only thing that the Fascination has going for it over the Majesty is the size of the standard cabins. Other than that, I would not return to the Fascination if it were free. Hands down the worst ship that I have ever cruised. Things can change but this ship was dirty and tacky. Very unhappy crew at the time and again that can change.

Which itinerary do you like more? I happen to like the three different ports of call that RCI offers over the two that Carnival offers on their four night itinerary. The Majesty was just totally revitalized within the last year or so and will be in great shape. For me it would be the Majesty hands down. I have cruised twice on this ship and thinks she is great.

I have been on the Majesty twice (once before and once after renovations) and the Fascination.

I would recommend the Majesty. The changes the made to the ship are GREAT. Even though it is an older ship, you would never know it.

The one thing I also liked about the 4-night Majesty is the fact that you are in Key West for the WHOLE day. I am not sure what the Fascination time frame is (as I did the 3-night Fascination cruise), but as far as I know, RCCL allows you to spend the MOST time in Key West, as compared to their lines.

The cabins are smaller, but we had an SO and it was fine for 4 nights.

Good luck.

Another vote for Majesty of the Seas. We were very pleased with our cruises on her back in December. We felt the crew enjoyed working on Majesty and that showed in the service they provided to the passengers. The ship was refurbished last year and looks practically new.

We've sailed Majesty three times, twice post-refurbishment. We have always done the four-night up to now because we love the Key West stop. The ship stops in front of the Westin Hotel, so it is easy to get on and off--no need for trolleys or Conch Trains to and from the ship.

Next weekend we are taking my son and his girlfriend on the three-night Majesty which doesn't include Key West, but they didn't have enough time off work unfortuantely. We also really enjoy Coco Cay and have been fortunate to make it to the island every time. We've heard the three-night cruises tend to be a lively crowd. That's fine too.

We really enjoy these cruises on Majesty. The crew is very friendly. The food is better than on some other RCI ships even though there is no premium Portfino or Chops. There isn't a concierge lounge for Diamond Crown and Anchor members, but even so, we still truly enjoy the quick getaways of a Majesty cruise.

Each person has his own desires for a cruise, so it is really hard to advise others on what ship to choose because they might not like what I like at all. But I'll just say we enjoy our Majesty getaways so much, we want to make them an annual event.

We did a 3nt on MOS and really for a quick cruise the cabin size is OK...the ship was in great shape and the crew was friendly. What it all boils down to in the end is that you have a good time so cabin size is not that big of a deal what matters more is a happy service oriented crew...and MOS has that!!!

We have done both - and our vote is for the Majesty over Fascination. Fascination was our first cruise, and we were thrilled. The following year we took our girls, 14 and 17, and my parents on the Majest - at the suggestion of our TA. We did go after re-furbishment and we were even happier. The crew seemed happier, were more than willing to help in any way possible to keep us happy, and I liked the shows better. The ship was in great shape, was beautiful and we had a WONDERFUL time!!! We are heading on the Grandeur in Dec with ALL our kids - 25, 22, 18, 15. And next March we're on the AOS for just the two of us.... I don't think you can go wrong either way, but if I had the choice, would certainly choose Majesty!!:D

We have sailed on the FAscination after it's refurbushment and liked it alot. We are trying to decide between the FAscination and Majesty of the Seas potentially for this year. Once thing about Majesty is that you are in port each day(for this cruise anyway).

Also, could someone tell me where I could find a photo of an SO cabin that is obstructed on Commodore Deck around 9568?

I've been on both. MOS - 3 times. Majesty by far is the more desirable ship. It has a wonderful crew, great deck layout, it's beautiful and like new.

Yes, Fascination has larger OV cabins but there's not many places to put your stuff. The Majesty OVs are by far more organized and overall nicer. I don't need floor space. I need places to put my stuff down - not on the floor.

I've been on both. MOS - 3 times. Majesty by far is the more desirable ship. It has a wonderful crew, great deck layout, it's beautiful and like new.

Yes, Fascination has larger OV cabins but there's not many places to put your stuff. The Majesty OVs are by far more organized and overall nicer. I don't need floor space. I need places to put my stuff down - not on the floor.

I have been on the Soverign and the Fascination. I prefer RC because the overall ship is just nicer. The bathrooms in the public areas were one area that I noticed were nicer which in my opinion says something of the overall ship. Did I have a good time on both ships? Yes but I still would pick RC over Carnival.

Archived