la quinta miami airport east

realtrip

Hi, Has anyone stayed here? Did you like it ? We got it for 107$ , breakfast included, shuttle to port included.

We are arriving from FLL, we rented a car with budget, anyone know if they offer a shuttle to port, just in case...

Thanks

I have reservatins there in April.They do have a shuttle from the airport to hotel and from the hotel to the port.As I understand it they have assigned times according to which ship you go on.Some people may find the time assigned them is later than they wanted to get to pier.Someone had posted,on their stay on NCL their time was 11:30 and Carnival was 10.Do not know if they holds true for all the time.You can call them and ask them.

I have read the neighborhood is not that good.It is industrial and near the airport.Nothing around but there is a Bennigans restaurant attached for dinner.It should be fine for eating and sleeping but you would need a taxi to go anyplace to do anything else.We just plan on having dinner and relaxing for the evening,so thought it should be fine.

I just stayed here and the neighbourhood was fine. Nice restaurant within steps of the front desk. Free shuttles, good breakfast, great price, can not beat the value in Miami period. Feel free to ask questions

Nick

Thanks Nick

I feel better. What time was your shuttle to the port? We'll get to the hotel at around 5 pm. Will we be able to get an early shuttle (+ or - 10:30)?

Do you know if we can get to a walgreens or walmart? We will have a rental car.

Thanks again !

Manon

You can bring a car seat if you want. We did, but others in our group did not. Any type of car seat law is not enforced anywhere in Miami as far as shuttles and taxi cabs are concerned.

I am not sure where the walmart or walgreens are because we only went from Hotel to the Port and that is it. Just make sure you sign up for the shuttle as soon as you check in. I think Carnival shuttle is around 10, RCL 1030 and NCL 1130. You wont need to arrive earlier than that, because you will just wait around. We got to the port at 12, and it was not busy and smooth sailing through checkin and onto the boat in 20-30 mins max and enjoying lunch on board the NCL Dawn.

We had requested a crib, and it never came to our room and they couldnt find one. Be prepared to make a crib out of blankets on the floor. That was the only problem with this hotel was the lack of cribs, even though we had requested and confirmed the availability of cribs 6 months in advance.

Nick

NIck,how big were the shuttles?We are a group of 6 already.We are going on Carnival.I wonder what they do if they have more people than the shuttle can hold.Will they have several shuttles,if needed.I might have to call them to find out.We won't be arriving at the hotel until around 5:00 p.m.I assume,since they offer shuttle service,they would have to accommodate everyone wanting it.

Our family of 9 stayed here in January, and would stay there, again, if we were leaving on a cruise. We arrived after midnight, so were too late for the restaurant. Knowing that, we had brought snacks, just in case the airline food wasn't sufficient. Other than the restaurant, just across the parking lot, there wasn't much around there -- except for a couple of strip clubs. We were assigned a 1 pm shuttle, which got us to the port earlier than the cruise line recommended, but we took it, anyway. I imagine that a later one would've been available, had we chosen to wait. There was no problem with our keeping our rooms past the noon check-out time. Breakfast was sufficient, and tasty enough; but the breakfast area was quite crowded & some just took things back to the room, as seating was limited. If I were vacationing in Miami for several days, and without a car, I would look for a more central location. However, with a car, I would still consider this location.

Archived