Can you fit 2 pack n' plays in a balcony cabin?

thewolffs

If you are looking at Royal Caribbean, the smallest I would get is a Junior Suite. Otherwise you will be SUPER cramped. Plus there are no bathtubs in any rooms below that as well - nothing but tiny showers.

I haven't been on other ships yet but with young twins I would probably consider Royal or Disney.

We are having twins and are planning on taking a cruise when they are 6 months old. We are trying to figure out what kind of cabin we should get. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, you could fit 2 pack n plays in a balcony cabin. You would not be able to get to the bathroom while they were open (you could pee of the balcony tho!:D)

We just had an E1 on the Serenade and this is what I am basing my response on. (so you can look up square footage)

You would have to close and open them, for nap/sleep time, and you would have to maneuver (gymnast style) over the vanity if you wanted to use the bathroom while they were open. But it could be done.

Not all balcony cabins are created equal. In some, you'd have a hard time with one pack and play. What you need to do is visit a local travel agency and talk to an agent. Nothing says you have to book with a TA, but at least there, you can get brochures, look at deck plans, look at furniture arrangements in each cabin and get square footage. Furniture arrangements in cabins make a huge difference. Since you cannot move most of the furniture, it can make or break your deal to have two p & p's in a cabin. For the most part, I feel Carnival has the largest regular balcony cabins.

We had one pack n' play in our balcony cabin on the Oosterdam and we were really cramped for space. We either folded it up or set it up on the sofa during the day so we could access the balcony. We are going on the Westerdam in a couple weeks and decided to get a suite this time around so we would have ample space for the pack n' play. Wouldn't even try to put two pack n' plays in a regular balcony cabin.

Thanks for all the advice. I think what we might do is bring 2 Travel Lite cribs and see how they fit. They look a lot smaller than a pack n' play and only weigh 20 lbs. My parents are going with us, so worst case, they can take one of them in their room. I'd rather save the money on a regular balcony cabin vs. a suite. It would be another $600-$800 for a suite. Thanks again!

Thanks for all the advice. I think what we might do is bring 2 Travel Lite cribs and see how they fit. They look a lot smaller than a pack n' play and only weigh 20 lbs. My parents are going with us, so worst case, they can take one of them in their room. I'd rather save the money on a regular balcony cabin vs. a suite. It would be another $600-$800 for a suite. Thanks again!

Archived