Divers Down GC

Texan2008

I used Divers Down in December 2006..... I really enjoyed them. They were excellent.... Here is the link to the review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=457074

If for any reason that dive shop doesn't work for you, I also used Resort sports that is in the Spanish Bay Resort. They were awesome. We did a wall/reef dive and then did Stingray City. :D

I just booked with Divers Down for April 3. I read several really good reviews including one in ScubaDiving magazine. Their instructions to get to their shop are to "turn left as you leave the ship terminal and walk north along the water front road. Depending on which of the 3 terminals you arrive at the walking time to the shop is between 3 and 7 minutes. The first landmark to look for is a 2-story blue building called Hammerheads Pub, they're 2 doors down on the water."

We also did several dive with Resort Sports Ltd. out of Spanish Bay Reef Resort in Nov. '06. Since that time the reosort has closed down & I assume the dive shop at Spanish Bay Reef has also. You could check with their other dive shop on 7-mile beach:

http://www.caymanresortsonline.com/beachclub/resortsports.htm

Well I don't know if the Resort hotel closed down but Resort Sports was in operation as of April 2007. I used them then.

How do you get to the Divers Down location? Is it far from the cruise ship pier? Do you have to get a taxi? If so, how much does it cost?

Nope, no taxi needed. You turn left onto the waterfront road from the pier and it's about a 7-10 minute walk on the left. You can't miss it......

LarrysphotosCaribbeanCruise2006049.jpg

I just booked with Divers Down for April 3. I read several really good reviews including one in ScubaDiving magazine. Their instructions to get to their shop are to "turn left as you leave the ship terminal and walk north along the water front road. Depending on which of the 3 terminals you arrive at the walking time to the shop is between 3 and 7 minutes. The first landmark to look for is a 2-story blue building called Hammerheads Pub, they're 2 doors down on the water."

Thanks for the good info. Is there a way to book online? I have only seen a overseas phone listing and a mailing address. :confused:

Thanks for the good info. Is there a way to book online? I have only seen a overseas phone listing and a mailing address. :confused:

They don't have an online reservation system. You have to call the phone number on their website to book.

Have a great time in Grand Cayman!

I dove with Divers Down in 06 and it was probably one of the best dives I have ever had. Only about a 5 min walk from pier, great small boats, not over crowded. Make sure you stop at the little outdoor bar and grill on your walk back for some really tasty Conch fritters!

Archived