Two more questions for tomorrow's departure!

lillieanne

Tomorrow's S. Caribbean cruise on the QM2 is the first for my husband and me. Our anticipation is increasing in these last 21 hours til departure, but I just realized I still have two pressing questions. (1) Will there be enough hangers in our cabin for the huge amount of clothes we are bringing? Most of them are folded up in our suitcases, but they will fare better if we can hang them. (2) Is there a chance we will get upgraded to a cabin we like less than the one we already have? We are happy to have an atrium view on Deck 6, and I would not want an ocean view. I am still a little queasy at the thought of looking out on nothing but water. I hope we would have the option to refuse an upgrade, but don't know if we would.

lil

Tomorrow's S. Caribbean cruise on the QM2 is the first for my husband and me. Our anticipation is increasing in these last 21 hours til departure, but I just realized I still have two pressing questions. (1) Will there be enough hangers in our cabin for the huge amount of clothes we are bringing? Most of them are folded up in our suitcases, but they will fare better if we can hang them. (2) Is there a chance we will get upgraded to a cabin we like less than the one we already have? We are happy to have an atrium view on Deck 6, and I would not want an ocean view. I am still a little queasy at the thought of looking out on nothing but water. I hope we would have the option to refuse an upgrade, but don't know if we would.

lil

(1) Ask your cabin steward for more hangers if you need them

(2) You can decline an upgrade.

(3) Have a lovely time.

M-L

Lil,

How exciting that you are taking your first cruise tomorrow. AND that first cruise is on the QM2!!!! That makes it even more exciting.

As M-L has said, ask your cabin steward for more hangers if you need them. I would ask as early as possible after getting on the ship. Usually the cabin steward will come to your room soon after you arrive. At this time you can tell him any special requests that you have. You might ask for extra pillows, extra hangers, etc.

Getting an unexpected upgrade when you arrive at the ship is quite unusual. So I would not worry about that.

Have a wonderful time. Come back and tell us how you liked the cruise!

I you have any additional questions, please ask. We all remember how many questions we had before our first cruise.

Beth

Just got back on Friday from the Panama/Caribbean QM2 cruise. Regarding hangersthere were plenty in our closets but if you need more just ask your cabin seward I am sure he will get you more if needed.

The last cruise was totally booked and given the holdiay date for your cruise I would assume the same so do not anticiapte an upgrade. Regarding the atrium cabins I noticed that all of the cabins had their shades down. I don't know if htis was the passenegers preference or the preference of Cunard. Literally every single atrium pax cabin the shade drawn.

Archived