princess compared to p&o

ladyruby

can anyone help were thinking of booking the ventura for august but we've never cruised p&o before only princess so any help please

Hi Ruby,

You can expect it to be similar except that P&O will be more British (whatever that means.)

The food will be more British/French than American with English breakfasts and lunches and International Dinners.

99% of the passengers will be British. Because it is Ventura there will be a younger feel than on other P&O cruises and a greater % of passengers who have not sailed P&O before.

The ship is an extention of the Princess Grand class if you haveany experience there.

The entertainments will be worse/better than Princess depending on who you listen to.

Far better not to compare at all and take Ventura for what it is. Then you will enjoy the experience far more.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:eek:

Dai

have cruised on Sea princess and Oriana and to be honest there were pros and cons to both.

Both left from Soton so it was predominantly british people on board.

I personally prefered Sea Princess, the choice of food was a lot more international and generally more exciting, i found the food on Oriana very boring, geared to a typically british taste.....even cottage pie was on the menu!!...i was horrified!

the buffet selection on princess was much more varied too.

the staff were friendlier.

the entertainment a zillion times better!

the people younger also by a zillion:D :D

One of the best things about Sea princess was the port guide, he was truely exceptional.Anywhere you wanted to go independantly he would be available to speak to and would give you any info you needed.

I found the cruise tour guides extremely unhelpful on Oriana.

Oriana however had much better childrens clubs and entertainment.

and the family pool is a real boon

i also loved the library it was very well stocked.

i am also booked on Ventura and Independance and am really looking forward to both.

i truely believe that a holiday is what you make it and that life is for living with as much open mindedness as you can muster!

as dai says try not to compare. just enjoy a different experience.

Lou

p&o deals in the british £ so no worries on converting currancy in your head on the ship.

uk electric sockets too.

Drink prices very reasonable - same as UK pub prices with no hidden extras what you see is what you pay.

Sue

Because the pound is so strong against the dollar, drink prices are mostly the same, even with the 15% tip Princess add on.Princess booze was mega cheap because of this...a 1ltr bottle of just about any spirit(brand names) for a fiver ,even sambuca at that price which is extremely cheap

All good make up (clinique/lancome) 1/2 the cost of pando

Also a dedicated shop for duty free on Princess open all the time.... but only ever delivered on last night of cruise which is a blow, pando are much much easier on the drinking and taking of ones own booze on board!!

Sea princess also have British style plug sockets...well it was the old Pando Adonia.

Also as long as you dont get a converted bill and just pay using your c/card there is no extra charge and the exchange rate is very competitive. Also if you halve the dollars in you're head you'll be just about the right amount in pounds.

But tips are added onto sea pass account.....pando don't do this.

Lou

Archived