Rum Cake Tour, Hell, & Turtle Farm

sailinghighseas

I have read SO many posts and so far, it seems that I know what my BF and I want to do in our short time in GC. We are sailing on the Inspiration on Sunday and we are in GC from 7a-2p. We really want to take a tour to the Rum Cake Factory, Hell and Turtle Farm. I have heard that it may be less expensive to catch a cab (private tour) as soon as we are tendered. Is this the best way to go about this or should we book it through a tour company such as Island Marketing? I am fearful of rain or yucky weather and not so sure how easy it would be to get a refund. Any advice?

Thanks-

Holly in SC

...I am fearful of rain or yucky weather and not so sure how easy it would be to get a refund. Any advice?

Thanks-

Holly in SC

Advice: Don't worry about the weather.

This is the driest time of the year. Even though it can rain any day of the year, showers are typically brief (though occasionally intense). But this time of year rain is a less frequent occurrence.

It is looking like the weather will be nice! Do you suggest that finding an individual to take us on the tour or booking it thru an agency? I am not real fond of doing it thru Carnival as it seems lots of folks think that they can get a better price by going off the ship and catching a taxi. The cost for to book thru Carnival is around $50pp. What is your opinion?

Thanks,

~Holly in SC.....

Archived