Wine Question

lmeadows25

My husband and I are sailing on the Carnival Pride next week-yay! I know they say you can bring a bottle of wine on the cruise, but I'm a little worried that a bottle wouldn't make the flight... so has anyone ever brought a box of wine... and do you think that would be ok on a plane with the air pressure? Thanks. :)

My husband and I are sailing on the Carnival Pride next week-yay! I know they say you can bring a bottle of wine on the cruise, but I'm a little worried that a bottle wouldn't make the flight... so has anyone ever brought a box of wine... and do you think that would be ok on a plane with the air pressure? Thanks. :)

I bought wine in Spain & France. The white & red wine survived the trip but the "asti" bubbly wine opened during the flight home. What port are you leaving from? Is it possible to buy your wine at the port before you board the ship? Hope this helps!

We are leaving from Long Beach, CA, but I don't think we'll have time to stop anywhere on the way to the port and i also wouldn't know where to stop . I just hope that the bag of wine in the box doesn't explode with the air pressure... I'll pack it in my husbands suitcase just in case :D

The luggage compartments of airlines are pressurized just like the cabin. Remember, that's where the doggies and kitties fly.

Most cabins are pressurized at around 10,000 feet. Your box-o-wine should be fine.

Archived