Captain Ron

tinkerbell06

• 1 month later...

I wanted to share our wonderful experience while we were in Barbados on April 2. Our group of 8 decided we wanted to sail on a catamaran and chose Captain Ron (Barbados Ahoy) and his vessel named "Wasn't Me". I can not stress enough what a great time we had with Captain Ron and his helper Sean. After email communications with Captain Ron, he personally called me to make the final arrangements. We were greeted at the port exit, exactly where he told me he was going to be, by a smiling Captain Ron and whisked away to the dock where we were introduced to Sean and the beautiful 47 ft catamaran the "Wasn't Me".

Onboard, there were 10 of us, my group of 8 and another couple. We were given a quick run down of the "rules" of the ship and off we went. We sailed by the turtle snorkel spot because there were too many other catamarans FILLED with people there and Captain Ron said we would come back later when the crowd left. We then headed toward the shipwreck. After our snorkel around that, we then went back to the turtles, where Sean brought along some turtle food. We saw two turtles, which, when people from the other ships stop chasing them, came very close to us as we just floated along the top of the water.

We then started to sail back, but stopped near Sandy Lane Beach for an absolutely wonderful lunch! We did some more swimming after lunch and then it was time to head back. After seeing the other "cats" with people packed in like sardines, we knew how lucky we were to get the personal attention from Captain Ron and Sean. We had the freedom to move about on the catamaran as we wished. We could sit or lie on the front nets and just experience the beauty of Barbados as we sailed by. I think he would make a great trip for a CC roll call group, as he only takes so many (I believe 24 per trip). We believe he is Barbados' best kept secret.

Archived