Just Back from Nachi Cocum

kittymom65

So, when I go to the website I can see a menu, is that part of the all inclusive? Or is it a buffet type thing?

We will be there from 10 - 7 so we could really get our monies worth out of it.

Oh yep & the drinks.... what type drinks? Just sodas or are adult beverages included as well?

The menu is included, each person gets to select 3 items from the menu.

Adult beverages are included!!!:D

No lockers..but you don't really need them...There are not that many people there and you can clearly see your things from the water...When we went out on the boat for snorkeling, we just took our stuff with us..

Also..to the person that didn't want to do the all inclusive and just wanted lunch...the prices are high if you go that route, so you might as well do the all inclusive..I highly recommend Nachi...

and about the comment that the beach is not sand...:confused: Not sure what that is about..It is beautiful there...

Kids wouldn't have much to do..it is more of an adult area with serenity and relaxation..No loud music, no beach trampolines, etc..but perfect for this 30-something...:D

sounds great but..what is the beach made of if it isnt sand? if it is coral there should be alot of sealife for snorkeling but that doesnt sound to be true either..do they have lockers? thanks. cindy

I am not sure what the other person answering questions on this thread is referring to, but the beach is most certainly sand. It is the loose stuff, so it is not suitable for sand castles, but I promise you it is sand.

I didn't see lockers, but since there were so few people there that day, I felt safe leaving our stuff right on the beach under our palapa. Our waiter said he would keep an eye on it for us.

Oh wow, bnsilly ... those pictures are great ... makes me wish I was there now!!

Any trouble getting a taxi, or getting a driver to understand where you wanted them to take you? That's my biggest fear when doing these sorts of things ... :rolleyes:

Hey Andrea...No, they speak English and are very familiar with the places you would want to go..When you are ready for a taxi back to the ship they will call you one at Nachi and they will be there quick..it isn't that far to the ship...Have fun!

Andrea, they know Nachi

we shopped until about Noon then caught a cab. Our driver didnt speak a lot of English but as soon and we said Nachi he repeated it a couple of times and we were off!!!

My family of 6 were there last Friday also... It was wonderful and the food was fabulous and servings were large !!!!!

we had a great time, just not enough of it!!!

have a great trip!!!!

Andrea, they know Nachi

we shopped until about Noon then caught a cab. Our driver didnt speak a lot of English but as soon and we said Nachi he repeated it a couple of times and we were off!!!

My family of 6 were there last Friday also... It was wonderful and the food was fabulous and servings were large !!!!!

we had a great time, just not enough of it!!!

have a great trip!!!!

kas37, did you do the all-inclusive package, or did you just get a cab and go on your own?

From what I understand you can only visit via a tour/package? Anyone know for sure?? :confused:

A CC memeber named Ken has posted that they do have a NON all-inclusive package for $20 that you can reserve through a hotel. The link he gave was : http://casadelmarcozumel.com/

I've just not heard of anyone else doing that and keep trying to find someone who has so I can ask them about their experience. And I've had so much trouble getting a reservation through them that I'm a little dubious as to whether or not this is for real. Anyone besides Ken have any experience with this?

A CC memeber named Ken has posted that they do have a NON all-inclusive package for $20 that you can reserve through a hotel. The link he gave was : http://casadelmarcozumel.com/

I've just not heard of anyone else doing that and keep trying to find someone who has so I can ask them about their experience. And I've had so much trouble getting a reservation through them that I'm a little dubious as to whether or not this is for real. Anyone besides Ken have any experience with this?

It is a new package that I found out about two weeks ago. If you go back to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=704197&page=2

All of the other people that requested the information have recived a confirmation. Most of the people at the hotel know nothing about this package. I emailed them to ask about you and was told that they are haveing a problem with AOL emails, and are working on it. If you could email me the number of guests in your party and you name I will forward it for you. As other posters have said a cab driver will ask to see confirmation before he/she drives you out there.

No need to pay that exorbitant price through Island Marketing! We arrived at the entrance w/o reservations & were told the price is $20.00 pp and that amount is applied to your food & drink. What a bargain!!!

There were four in our party. We ate & drank all day & at the end - our bill was only $72.00. They were encouraging us to spend the other $8.00 & did not want to let us go until we did. So we ordered 2 more frozen drinks, which they put in to-go cups & we enjoyed our frozen drinks while we shopped downtown Cozumel on our way back to the ship.

Great place. Not crowded. Nice & quiet - lovely palapas. Nice hot tub & pool. A little bit of paradise. They, like most of the beach clubs, close at 5:00 every day.

Oh - & best guacamole ever!!! So good - we ordered it 3 times. Deelish!

No need to pay that exorbitant price through Island Marketing! We arrived at the entrance w/o reservations & were told the price is $20.00 pp and that amount is applied to your food & drink. What a bargain!!!

There were four in our party. We ate & drank all day & at the end - our bill was only $72.00. They were encouraging us to spend the other $8.00 & did not want to let us go until we did. So we ordered 2 more frozen drinks, which they put in to-go cups & we enjoyed our frozen drinks while we shopped downtown Cozumel on our way back to the ship.

Great place. Not crowded. Nice & quiet - lovely palapas. Nice hot tub & pool. A little bit of paradise. They, like most of the beach clubs, close at 5:00 every day.

Oh - & best guacamole ever!!! So good - we ordered it 3 times. Deelish!

Do you remember the prices of beers, frozen drinks and entrees?

Do you remember the prices of beers, frozen drinks and entrees?

They told me beers were $3.50, but when I got my check they were only 30 pesos. I had a large portion of guacamole and chips for about $6, and I think fajitas were about $10. Don't know about the others.

The day we stop in Cozumel there are 6 other ships. I keep reading they only allow 100 people in...that's the beauty of coming here when alot of ships are in port...don't know if I would chance it by not booking ahead of time...IMHO. Right now we are either going to Chankanaab or Playa Uvas but this is sounding better and better~

They told me beers were $3.50, but when I got my check they were only 30 pesos. I had a large portion of guacamole and chips for about $6, and I think fajitas were about $10. Don't know about the others.
It does sound like a deal.

The day we stop in Cozumel there are 6 other ships. I keep reading they only allow 100 people in...that's the beauty of coming here when alot of ships are in port...don't know if I would chance it by not booking ahead of time...IMHO. Right now we are either going to Chankanaab or Playa Uvas but this is sounding better and better~

There will be 7 ships in port the day we have resevations for Nachi Cocom so I agree that I think this time I won't chance it and just bite the bullet and pay the $49 pp. I'll just have to drink a lot of Margarita's :D

It is a new package that I found out about two weeks ago. If you go back to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=704197&page=2

All of the other people that requested the information have recived a confirmation. Most of the people at the hotel know nothing about this package. I emailed them to ask about you and was told that they are haveing a problem with AOL emails, and are working on it. If you could email me the number of guests in your party and you name I will forward it for you. As other posters have said a cab driver will ask to see confirmation before he/she drives you out there.

Ken, My group of ten want to do this as a NON AI, but I would like to make a reservation as there is 5 other ships in port that day. We arrive in Cozumel on October 8th. Will they do a reservation for the NON AI? I have aol and have tried getting intouch with Nachi Cocom but my emails go nowhere. Any help I thank you for.

My email is Lsdm123163 at aol dot com

Thanks again

Linda

Made a bunch of points with the DW on this one I booked Nachi for Feb. 14, 08. I'm still in good graces. About 40 people there all total from three ships.

Everyone was an adult. Just a lovely day of quiet relaxation on the beach. Not a childrens beach. One group of adults really enjoyed the bar, pool, bar, and hottub and bar. Not a place for kids.

reservations:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

the day i went, the guy..at the front of the taxi line...won't even put us in a taxi until we showed him our reservations printout. when they took us to the taxi, the driver asked about it. our driver would not have taken us without that printout.

I didn't have any trouble with a cab two weeks ago. I wonder why the drivers would care unless perhaps they have an incentive to take you elsewhere.

Thanks for your wonderful review! Nachi sounds heavenly. I was wondering if you could answer a question I've asked about fifty times' date=' and no one seems to know the answer. Is it possible to go to Nachi without a reservation? My husband and I aren't really interested in the all-inclusive deal, and we've heard that you can do a $20 [b']NON[/b] all-inclusive, but I can't seem to get a reservation for the latter. Can we just show up to the beach without a reservation and enjoy a day there? We're more than happy to spend $20 for lunch and a nice, quiet beach, but we don't have a reservation and would like to just show up. Do you know anything about that?

Actually they say 100 people max, and must be prebooked, but that is not so, I went on 10/16/07 and you can just walk up and buy whatever package you want. In other words you do not need to purchase the $49 you can enjoy the beach and just pay a la carte if you wish, but the $49 makes more sense, if you consume a meal and at least 2 drinks. Hope this help. It is very nice, althought in October the water was dirty and very rough, a little better in December 07, 2007. Will be there on March 30th, 2008. Carnival valor

Archived