Snorkeling excursion Casa De Campo

jackdiamond

Since my earlier requests have produced paucity in the way of information conerning this matter, I again, would appreciate the observations of anyone who has taken the snorkeling excursion on the 82 foot catamaran from the Millennium in Casa De Campo.

Thank you-Jack Diamond

Hi Jackdiamond, I just returned from a back to back on Millennium and was in Casa De Campo twice. The snorkeling excursion your talking about isn't to bad, I've been on better and worse. You'll get to go on a slightly strange bus ride to get to the catamaran your final destination on the bus is probably no more than 200 yards from the ship but it is a good 10 minute bus ride. The way the ship docks they can't get the cat any closer. The ride out to Catalina island takes about 15-20 minutes, there is a lot of very large fan coral there and small areas with other coral types but the water is a bit deep where the coral is at. There wasn't much for marine life only saw a few fish. They take a bit longer on the sail back to the ship and have an open bar with local beer and a limited selection of mixed drinks but plenty of local rum. Overall it was a nice excursion but not great snorkeling. Casa De Campo is just a poor stop in my opinion. The secound trip we did the Bayhibe beach break which was ok, the excursion includes a day pass to a resort that I can't recall the name of right now but it was nice with plenty of shade a nice beach a freshwater pool and open bar. The resort was OK but I did enjoy the snorkeling a little more, but that is my personal preference.

If you want excellent snorkeling, in fact the best that I have experinced in the caribbean, go on the snorkeling safari excursion in Labadee Haiti, it had the most diverse and dense coral that I have ever seen at a wide variety of depths, from 3 ft to over 20 ft deep, and all kinds of fish, eels and lobster. I could have spent days there since there was so much to explore. If you don't have a digital underwater camera they have them available to rent for $20, which includes transfering all our photos to a CD and another CD with 200 other photos of the reef.

Hi Jackdiamond, I just returned from a back to back on Millennium and was in Casa De Campo twice. The snorkeling excursion your talking about isn't to bad, I've been on better and worse. You'll get to go on a slightly strange bus ride to get to the catamaran your final destination on the bus is probably no more than 200 yards from the ship but it is a good 10 minute bus ride. The way the ship docks they can't get the cat any closer. The ride out to Catalina island takes about 15-20 minutes, there is a lot of very large fan coral there and small areas with other coral types but the water is a bit deep where the coral is at. There wasn't much for marine life only saw a few fish. They take a bit longer on the sail back to the ship and have an open bar with local beer and a limited selection of mixed drinks but plenty of local rum. Overall it was a nice excursion but not great snorkeling. Casa De Campo is just a poor stop in my opinion. The secound trip we did the Bayhibe beach break which was ok, the excursion includes a day pass to a resort that I can't

recall the name of right now but it was nice with plenty of shade a nice beach a freshwater pool and open bar. The resort was OK but I did enjoy the snorkeling a little more, but that is my personal preference.

If you want excellent snorkeling, in fact the best that I have experinced in the caribbean, go on the snorkeling safari excursion in Labadee Haiti, it had the most diverse and dense coral that I have ever seen at a wide variety of depths, from 3 ft to over 20 ft deep, and all kinds of fish, eels and lobster. I could have spent days there since there was so much to explore. If you don't have a digital underwater camera they have them available to rent for $20, which includes transfering all our photos to a CD and another CD with 200 other photos of the reef.

hi,

they must have taken you to a 'new' place to snorkel in labadee.. we were there in january and altho the crew of the snorkel boat were wonderful the snorkeling was terrible.. very little coral and just a few tiny fish.. it was just off the sand bar... it was perfect weather and calm seas and we enjoyed being in the water but thought the excursion was poor.. glad you had better luck than we did

Archived