Belize....what else?

cruisin_fanatic

I have been trying to find things to do in belize but we are not interested in ziplining or snorkeling, so what else is there to do in Belize. We need multiple different suggestions that we can look into, we are in our early to almost mid thirties and we are also not into drinking all the booze you can hold:rolleyes:. Please help us with some ideas....thanks in advance.

P.S. We are spending our time in Cozumel at Paradise Beach, so we would like to do something else besides the beach in Belize....maybe shopping or some sightseeing type tours etc...

belize is well known for it's mayan ruins. lamanai and the river safari has been getting rave reviews...partly due to the fact that it's a bus ride, great boat ride and the ruins..you get sight seeing of the country side, wildlife viewing, as well as the ruins.

http://www.belizeexplorer.com/cgi-local/explorer.cgi?db=explorer&uid=default&Category=Mayan+Sites&view_records=1&nh=6&mh=1

I have been trying to find things to do in belize but we are not interested in ziplining or snorkeling, so what else is there to do in Belize. We need multiple different suggestions that we can look into, we are in our early to almost mid thirties and we are also not into drinking all the booze you can hold:rolleyes:. Please help us with some ideas....thanks in advance.

P.S. We are spending our time in Cozumel at Paradise Beach, so we would like to do something else besides the beach in Belize....maybe shopping or some sightseeing type tours etc...

We are doing the Lamanai ruins with New River Boat trip in March. Reviews have been very positive. I'll post a review when we get back.

The ship excursion was $95.00. My DH had made a reservation with a private operator but cancelled it before the cruise because of sore back. Once on the cruise he felt better; we tried to reach the operator but email response from Belize was too slow. It would have been around $70.00. He enjoyed the ship's excursion. I made him take bug spray!

Photos in link below.

The place he originally planned to go to is called Smugglers Run Plantation. You can reach the owner, Trevor at this email address: <trevor@smugglersrunbelize.com>

Have fun.

Kathy:)

Archived