Ventura Caribbean Feb O9 Cruise only

Pendennis

Considering a February 09 Caribbean cruise and heard so many bad experiences of charter flights in particular Thomas Cook I would prefer to purchase our flights independently so we know what we are getting with who and can pre book specific seats. It will also allow us to go out a few days earlier.

However we have been quoted the same price for cruise and flight and cruise only.

Would be most interested to hear if anyone has obtained a sensible cruise only price otherwise we will go back to Princess.

Thanks,

Richard

Hello Richard,

I've had the same problem with Princess. Seems that Barbados is unique in as much as that the full fare applies (charter and Cruise) even if you arrange your own flights. The only way my TA figured out was to fly from East Midlands to avoid the cattle truck provided by Thomas Cook. I couldnt face a 3 hour trip down the M1 after the overnight flight so we're now on the waitlist for an upgrade to Premium (ripoff) and we've a year to go yet.

Jimmy

I can see a little of the logic here. P&O have chartered sufficient aircraft to tranport all the passengers out to the Carribean. So if you opt out to do your own thing, the same aircraft still have to fly so there is no reduction in cost to P&O, hence the reason they won't give you any reduction.

However, I did enquire once about doing a back to back, i.e 28 days instead of 14 and I was told that there would be a reduction in price from adding the two cruise prices together as there would only be one return flight and not two. However, this would only be around £150, which seemed a small amount to me. Thus this in effect is the cost of one return charter flight, part of which would be one set of taxes!.

Still does not make a lot of sense.

Brian

We are going on the transatlantic in October flying back into East Midlands and we have also booked a trip to the Caribbean in May with Thomas Cook. We have been told that their planes are being upgraded from May for long haul to provide 33" leg room. This may help you?

I can see a little of the logic here. P&O have chartered sufficient aircraft to tranport all the passengers out to the Carribean. So if you opt out to do your own thing, the same aircraft still have to fly so there is no reduction in cost to P&O, hence the reason they won't give you any reduction.

However, I did enquire once about doing a back to back, i.e 28 days instead of 14 and I was told that there would be a reduction in price from adding the two cruise prices together as there would only be one return flight and not two. However, this would only be around £150, which seemed a small amount to me. Thus this in effect is the cost of one return charter flight, part of which would be one set of taxes!.

Still does not make a lot of sense.

Brian

Brian,

On any B2B with P&O you will get 10% discount, even with cruises from Southampton so nothing to do with flights.

I think your original logic is the key they are paying for your seats if you fly or not.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

We are going on the transatlantic in October flying back into East Midlands and we have also booked a trip to the Caribbean in May with Thomas Cook. We have been told that their planes are being upgraded from May for long haul to provide 33" leg room. This may help you?

If this is correct then they should be shouting it from the rooftops as this is the major criticism of P&O's Caribbean cruises.

Dai

If this is correct then they should be shouting it from the rooftops as this is the major criticism of P&O's Caribbean cruises.

Dai

Have a look here

http://www.thomascook.com/content/about-us/press-centre/press-releases-071015.asp

First Choice did this a couple of years ago and the other charter airlines are following suit.

Have a look here

http://www.thomascook.com/content/about-us/press-centre/press-releases-071015.asp

First Choice did this a couple of years ago and the other charter airlines are following suit.

SHOUT,

more like a whimper

Good spot though StLucia, First time I have seen this and I have read many complaints saying 'never again' in the past 3 months when referring to TC.

Dai

Archived