what is BEST in cayman????

NeedAVacation2

HELP!!!

Okay I'm totally stressed out trying to plan our trip - so many tour companies and options in each port! We will be on Carnival Conquest. Ship-run excursion or island tour company?

What is THE BEST way to see Stingray City and snorkel while at port in Grand Cayman?

I am not exactly responding to your question, because I too will be a first timer in Grand Cayman; we were in port last March, but they closed it as it was too rough for the tenders.

What I did want to say, is please, please do not stress yourself over this! :) This is a vacation and no matter which one you book, through the cruise line or on your own, you need to remember that you will be in paradise!:cool: Relax and enjoy! Take it from someone who has had to learn the hard way....

We were in Grand Cayman in January. We booked Stingray City and an Island/Turtle Farm tour through Capt. Marvin. It was wonderful. We have done stingray city before but, this tour was the best. Capt. Marvin was the first to start this tour in 1951. We also did a short snorkle tour. We then came back to shore and boarded a bus where we got an island tour with stops in Hell and at the Turtle Farm. It was a very good tour at a good price. The tour guides were great. We also got back in time to do some shopping before re-boarding ship.

We just returned from the Conquest. We booked the stingray tour thru the ship, due to the tendering process. We got off first and headed to out destination. The rays were amazing!:D I can't wait to go again next year and will book thru the ship again. I thought about not going thru the ship, but I would also worry myself to death. This way I had no concerns but to have a great time!

We just got back yesterday from our Western Caribbean cruise on the Grand Princess. Our favorite excursion was the helmet dive in the Grand Caymans. The owner of the business, Ben, was born and raised in the Caymans. He's a very personable fellow and was eager for us to have a good experience. My wife has a phobia of water over her head and they helped her all the way.....! There were two divers in the water to help her descend to the floor some 25 feet deep! The helmets you wear are like an old diving bell helmet. They're made of plastic and weigh about 75 pounds out of the water. There's an air hose that supplies a positive pressure inside the helmet once it's submerged. Submerged, the helmet has a net weight of only 15 pounds. It was great! They took us down about 25 feet to the floor of the bay and we walked around looking at all the fish, corral and things. They put fish food in your hands as you watched all the fish have a feeding frenzie in your hands...! It was awesome. We were down there for half an hour. We had such fun. Your neck, face and head remains dry in the helmet. You can even reach up into the helmet and plug your nose to equalize your ears..... It cost about $99 each and was well worth it. We would go do it again in a heart beat. My wife said it was the best excursion of our cruise. That includes the zip-line excursion in Jamaica. Anyways, check it out. We think you'll love it. We did......

Mrq202 and wife

25th Wedding Anniversary

Our First Cruise

Grand Princess 2/16/08 to 2/23/08

Archived