Pride Balcony Question (another one)

patterson3

I think I've finally narrowed down my cabin choice to 8F, but now I have to decide between a balcony in the front, middle or back of the ship....

Anyone have experience with any (or all) of those parts of the ship? If so, which offered a better experience in your opinion?

I'm currently booked on a category 11 cabin on the Fascination for my first cruise, and since that's near the front of the ship I'm leaning towards going middle or aft, but than again maybe the two ships are so different that the experiences aren't even comparable...? I don't know...

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

The ships are very different, and the Cat 11 you have booked is forward and almost the top deck. We have been there on the Fantasy class and it wasn't bad. We have been aft on the Spirit class and once had some motion, but the weather was REALLY bad. And midships on the Liberty, felt very little motion on that cruise. Hope this helps.

I think I've finally narrowed down my cabin choice to 8F, but now I have to decide between a balcony in the front, middle or back of the ship....

Anyone have experience with any (or all) of those parts of the ship? If so, which offered a better experience in your opinion?

I'm currently booked on a category 11 cabin on the Fascination for my first cruise, and since that's near the front of the ship I'm leaning towards going middle or aft, but than again maybe the two ships are so different that the experiences aren't even comparable...? I don't know...

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Unless you can get a true aft cabin (and those aren't 8F's I don't think), then I'd go for mid-ship, a better ride if the sea happens to be rough and more convenient to everything.

Are aft balconies the best? We have a wrap balcony at the back of the ship on our next cruise. We heard those cabins were great. Is there a lot of motion in the back of the ship?

We had an aft wrap around balcony cabin on the Pride last February, it was great, huge balcony and you can see backwards or if you go around the side and lean out a bit, all the way forward too. There were 7 windows (if you include the doors). And the cabin had multiple rooms, living room, bedroom, dressing room, bathroom, walk-in closet, pretty nice.

Thanks--I am so ready to go.

Have a great cruise, but I have a question, looks like you're on the Fascination which is a Fantasy class ship and they don't have aft wrap-around balcony cabins, so you must be going on another cruise later?

CathyZ, I know I must have asked you this question before, but can't find your answer in my notes:

We have VIP checkin for Pride because we have a Cat 11. Do we still do the early check in on the Queen Mary? And after that, look for a VIP line at the dome? This will be our second time on Pride, so familiar with the layout of things (unless they have changed it a bunch since 2005).

Thanks much!

Also, we have had 6232 on Pride. Perfect cabin. Huge balcony. Easy access to elevator, but no noise. Have read that they will only let it to maximum capacity now, 4 people. We had 3 in 2005. True?

CathyZ, I know I must have asked you this question before, but can't find your answer in my notes:

We have VIP checkin for Pride because we have a Cat 11. Do we still do the early check in on the Queen Mary? And after that, look for a VIP line at the dome? This will be our second time on Pride, so familiar with the layout of things (unless they have changed it a bunch since 2005).

Thanks much!

Also, we have had 6232 on Pride. Perfect cabin. Huge balcony. Easy access to elevator, but no noise. Have read that they will only let it to maximum capacity now, 4 people. We had 3 in 2005. True?

Yes, we had VIP check-in on the Pride because we were in a Cat. 11 also. There is a VIP line in the Carnival check-in area on the QM and then there is a VIP line in front of the dome, all the way to the right side away from the typical 'zone 1' line-up area. You can skip the QM VIP check-in if you want since there are also VIP check-in lines inside the dome, but you'll get on the ship sooner if you do the early check-in since the dome check-in doesn't start until 11:00 or later.

If cabin 6232 has a square on the deck plan diagram, then it is for 4 people and they try to hold to that if they can and will only give that cabin away at the last minute to less than 4 if they have to (we had several problems like that with our group last year).

Archived