Spirit - Tendering????

KLTCRUISER

We have a small group traveling on the Spirit on March 13th, ports include Aculpulco, Manzanillo and Ixtapa. Does anyone know if we will tender at any of these ports? One of the members of our group was just in an accident and broke his leg, after two surgeries the doctor's are encouraging him to still go. I understand that the tenders are often not wheelchair accessible. Can anyone give me any info regarding this? Thanks in advance!

We have a small group traveling on the Spirit on March 13th, ports include Aculpulco, Manzanillo and Ixtapa. Does anyone know if we will tender at any of these ports? One of the members of our group was just in an accident and broke his leg, after two surgeries the doctor's are encouraging him to still go. I understand that the tenders are often not wheelchair accessible. Can anyone give me any info regarding this? Thanks in advance!

Yes, Ixtapa (the tender dock is actually in Zihuantenajo) is a tender port, the others are not.

I'm not positive about wheelchair accessibility across the board, but I have definitely seen people in wheelchairs board tenders (with assistance of course). I'm sure that the tender crews are used to folks with limited mobility of varying degrees.

Thanks for the great comments! He is a 16 year old boy who was looking forward to a great vacation, although I know he will still have fun it will definitely be a different vacation. Let's hope he will have some fun surprises along the way!

Archived