CB waitlisted balconies

racepoint

I am looking at the May 4th 4-night sailing from FLL. All the balcony categories are waitlisted. I think I'm okay with booking an obstructed oceanview, of which there are quite a few. IF I put myself on a "waitlist" for a balcony, while holding a reservation for an oceanview, what are the chances that Princess would call me to take a blacony cabin? Your experiences, please? For what it's worth, I'm a past cruiser with Princess.:)

I have always watched myself for a higher category to open up. Although we have been placed on waitlists in the past, they have never contacted us and I have had to contact Princess or my TA when I see one become available on the Princess website. So, I have little to no faith in their waitlists.

The final payment for that cruise is what? First days in March? Last days in February? I would book myself in the obstructed view and keep my eye constantly on the website for one of those other rooms to come open. Someone still can cancel until the final payment comes due... Good luck. And while a balcony is wonderful... any cruise is better than no cruise!

Archived