Car Rental at airport or in Honolulu?

cristdom

We're flying in 2 days early for our March cruise on Pride of Aloha. Our dilema is whether we rent a car at the airport, keep at our hotel (we've pre-arranged parking), then at the cruise ship - but then we have to return it to the airport when we get ready to leave. Or do we rent from a rental car place 1/2 mile from our hotel and have them pick us up at the airport and hopefully bring us to the ship when we return the car. We're not sure if there is a traffic situation in returning cars to the airport and then taxiing back to the pier.

Would appreciate any thoughts any one has, if they've done something similar.

Thanks.

Diane

I'm not sure if this helps, but we are also doing the POAl in March and are using National to pick up a car at the airport and drop it off at their location on Ala Moana Blvd. My husband will drop me and the luggage off at the cruise terminal before returning the car and I will wait for him to either get a courtesy ride, bus or a taxi back. FYI, we used an Entertainment book coupon and are getting a 3-day full-size car for under $65 total with no drop fee and a free extra driver if you reserve it with your Emerald Club card.

Archived