Labadee Haiti On Fos

nyc gal

I think one hour should be fine b'c it's very tiring from what I heard from other families while there. Plus there is so much more to do and see than just that. Not sure about the walking tour, we explored on our own at our own pace.

Bring goggles and after her 1 hour rent her a floating mat and let her float at Barefoot or Nellies beach and stick her face in the water and look all around. Maybe bring a small net too if you can pack it, see if she can capture anything. My daughter did that and had a ball, entertained herself very well that way. Spend time finding shells on Dragon's Breath Beach-they are abundant! Just be careful b'c we found the surf there too rough for swimming. This is also where you can watch the daredevils fly down the zipline!

Enjoy!

If you walk to the markets from the beach and don't want the hard bargaining, skip the 1st outdoor area and the 1st building you come to, make a wide arc past those, then go into the 2nd building you come to. You won't be bothered there and can shop in peace, no haggling. Just don't do what we did and buy this necklace thinking it's a cute palm tree:

OopsPotLeafNecklace.jpg

How naive am I?!?!?? :o LOL!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy :)

At dinner that night everyone was showing and comparing what they bought, my daughter was proudly wearing her necklace. An older woman at our table said "Is that a pot leaf?" WAS MY FACE RED!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

We brought shells back from Labadee--shhhhhh-- we hid them in the pockets of our board shorts. Not a ton, just a few each. Shhhhhh...

We also scored a HUGE conch shell in Grand Cayman courtesy of our excursion guide. I wrapped it in a plastic bag and hid it in my dirty laundry. Made it home without a hitch.

:p

If you walk to the markets from the beach and don't want the hard bargaining, skip the 1st outdoor area and the 1st building you come to, make a wide arc past those, then go into the 2nd building you come to. You won't be bothered there and can shop in peace, no haggling. Just don't do what we did and buy this necklace thinking it's a cute palm tree:

OopsPotLeafNecklace.jpg

How naive am I?!?!?? :o LOL!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy :)

ROTFMAO! I just spit hot tea all over my keyboard :D

Thanks for the morning laugh ^_^

ROTFMAO! I just spit hot tea all over my keyboard :D

Thanks for the morning laugh ^_^

Sorry for the tea spit, glad to give you a giggle :)

Our 1st cruise was also on FOTS, ours was just 1 month before yours! You will have a ball! Fire away with any questions!

Archived