World Access Insurance

togachisan

I booked a cruise and insurance, World Access, through United. The boat went into the dry dock for repairs and the cruise was canceled. When I called United they told me that if I send a fax to World Access they would refund the money. I followed the instructions of the United agent. However, to make it complicated and contrary to the instructions of the United agent the World Access insurance demanded from me a letter/proof from the Celebrity cruise line that the cruise was canceled.

They did refund the money but the hassle they put me through was unreasonable considering that I was not dealing with the cruise line but an agent. In this case – the UAL agent.

Obviously, something is wrong with such business practices and if I get the travel insurance it will not be with World Access.

i once made a claim against my travel insurance because a hurricane hit the cabo area a few years ago and damaged the home of some friends that we were going to visit---------alll i was looking for was the air fare as there were no hotel costs involved----------at first my claim was rejected because the insur company said i was staying at a private home and not a hotel ---started making calls and the end result was i got my money for the plane tix refunded

had an accident a work and the hoops the insur company put me through were outragous---------finally hired a lawyer and then then paid up -----

the companies reject almost everything and the bulk of people accept that and go away and then they fight with the people who dont go away and most of the time they pay up or settle

Archived