Century Suite 1139 - Positive feedback please?

andbeek

Hey CC's, I would LOVE to hear some positive feedback about Century's Century Suites , especially 1139 - having just booked and now looked at feedback it all seems negative - regarding noise from above - is it really that bad? I hope not - was looking forward to my first balcony suite ( having only been in insides) but now im regretting booking it ! :mad:

Has anyone got a bit of positive news ? Is the noise SO bad? Please, PLEASE give me something positive.

Thanks alot

:D

We are in that cabin on the 4/28 TA. I will make sure to post a review when we return. I too have read the negatives and was worried. But then the advantages of a large veranda on a 14 day cruise outweighed the potential negatives.

And I have stayed in truly bad rooms (under kitchen, etc) and never had a bad cruise. So I am not worried!

I just returned from the Century on 2/4/08. I absolutely love this ship and crew but did not like my century suite at all (1136). Yes, the balcony is quite large with 2 lounge chairs and a table with 2 chairs, but there is NO privacy. I did not hear any noise above if that is the issue. Very quiet.

The sunset bar is one deck above you and everyone can look right down on your balcony. We had people looking at us and our balcony from early morning to midnight. I did enjoy hearing the guitar player though while having a drink before dinner out there. If want privacy, just get a CC or go higher to a SS.

I hope you enjoy the cruise as much as we did. Beautiful ship, great crew!

Thanks alot - at least something positive ! ;) Did you get noise till really late at night?

andbeek[/quote

I am generally out late at night..no prob! But the mornimgs were awful! Like I said, if you are an early morning riser, no prob! I am a night owl and the noise form the scraping chairs (and hosing the deck...which landed on my balcony) by 6 am was a serious annoyance. So yes, there are positives......would I sail this cabin again...absolutely not. I almost fired my lawn guy 2 days ago when he showed up prior to 8am..I am up late, sorry all you early birds, but I have no need to rise prior to 9. Just me

ok - luckily we are early risers so maybe no probs for us i hope - we will have to see , will leave feedback when we return . Cant be any worse than our cruise with Costa last september , that was REALLY bad !

Thanks to all for the comments . Appreciate it.

:)

I am interested in anyone with the Century Suite information also. We were just upgraded from a CC cabin to a Century Suite. Should I ask for my cabin back? Can anyone comment on the balcony table. The CC cabins all have dining height tables, and I was wondering if you could tell me if they are the same on the Century Suite cabins?

Thanks so much for any info.:)

Archived