Sandals Mo Bay through Carnival...

bnsilly

Looking for a safe excursion through Carnival to do with my mother (age 60's)in Montego Bay..Has anyone done Sandals? Please let me know any pros and cons..thanks.!

Oops...maybe that is just for couples?? I liked it because of the hobie cats, etc...

We were at Sunset Beach last week. We mostly just laid around on the beach and spent a little time in the water park area. There were some non-motorized water toys (kayak, pedal boats) but we did not use them so I dont know if they are included in the $40.00 cover charge.

What was included for sure was drinks and food, both of which were okay.

Sunset Beach is a very, very short cab ride from the cruise terminal. I would say under 5 minutes and costs $3 per person each way. You could walk it in 15 minutes if you had to.

I would recommend SB to anyone, especially families that are looking for something to do off the ship that is safe, not too expensive and easy to get to.

The only thing we didnt like about SB was the lack of shade at the beach. When we got there all of the shade umbrellas were already taken (there were not that many) and the only real shade on the beach was in the topless/nude section which is adults only and we had a 14 year old with us.

There is pleny of shade to be had elsewhere, just not at the beach (or waterpark).

No, there was no nudity at Sandals. I think you are thinking of Hedonism.

There was plenty of shade at Sandals. Almond trees to sit under, and lots of umbrellas.

Good deal!

I'll certainly put that into the list of contenders for my next cruise.

Archived