Pride to Mexican Riv.

junebug8

We (family of 5) are looking at booking the Pride to the Mexican Riv. for this October. Any thoughts? We have cruised NCL and want to try "regular" dining this time. We are torn between RCL and Pride....are they midnight buffets on the Pride? A Carnival employee mentioned waterslides also. (Our sons' are 19, 15 and 12). Thanks!:) (ps...we are looking at 2 cabins, both interior).

I would recommend RCL. Just got off the Pride. Alot I liked about it, but alot I didn't. Customer service was really lacking. I will always go with RCL from here on out. But I loved the itinerary.

I started a thread with my experience on the Pride, 2/10/08 through 2/17/08, but it was removed!!!!

We (family of 5) are looking at booking the Pride to the Mexican Riv. for this October. Any thoughts? We have cruised NCL and want to try "regular" dining this time. We are torn between RCL and Pride....are they midnight buffets on the Pride? A Carnival employee mentioned waterslides also. (Our sons' are 19, 15 and 12). Thanks!:) (ps...we are looking at 2 cabins, both interior).

We did the Pride last October with 3 teens ages 13, 14 and 15. They all had a blast.

One night is the "Gala Buffet", but there is pizza, icecream and other munchies on other nights.

There is a big waterslide on the ship.

We had a great time on the Pride. It was actually our 2nd time doing the same trip. The first time was in July of 2005.

The Pride is a beautiful ship. It was the first cruise for DH and I, and we are hooked now. We are even thinking of take our 5 youngest kids on her before she leaves the west coast. I have never been on RCL so I can't compare the two. But if it was me, I would book the Pride again in a heart beat. Happy Cruising!

I can't compare RCL to the Pride, but we were on the Pride last year about this time with a group of 33 friends and had a great time! You will find fewer kids on any ship in October, but there should be enough for your kids to meet. Yes, they have a twister water slide that looked pretty good (I didn't try it myself, but it was always busy). There is also 24-hour pizza and ice cream. Our group all had great cabin stewards and waiters and all the employees I saw were very friendly, no problems at all with anyone. And several went out of their way for our group (our group coordinator, some bartenders, etc.) I would highly recommend the Pride and will probably go on her again (we're on the Spirit next year with most of the same group).

LOVED it LOVED it! DH and I enjoyed the waterslides too!:D I think we were the oldest people on it and we're not even 30 yet.... almost:eek: .

We had 2 midnight buffets on our cruise, and really had a great time. The ship is beautiful and there's always something to do. Have a great time whatever you choose!

My wife and I sailed the on the Pride twice in the last 3 years and loved it each time. The service was excellent and the staff wonderful.

There is a slide on the Pride... fun for all ages. I think they have the O2 Club that the teens can hang in at night. I heard it's 14 - 16 until 11:00 PMand 17 - 20 after 11:00 PM. Maybe someone can confirm.

We've met some really great people on these cruises.

The cabins (rooms) are larger than NCL, so that should be considered.

Best of luck. :)

Just got off the Pride. Alot I liked about it, but alot I didn't. Customer service was really lacking. I will always go with RCL from here on out.

Well, then why are you still posting to the Carnival Forum ? I can only think of one reason... to cause touble and stir the pot. :mad:

If you don't like Carnival, and will only cruise RCL... then please -- please go to the RCL forum and post. I'm sure they would love a good Carnival bashing story. :rolleyes:

Archived