Sylvia Motel in Vancouver??

Any first hand information greatly appreciated.. It looks older and worn but clean and in a good location. We are a party of 4 first night and 2 more joining us the last night late... Would cost around 200-250 per night.. Good deal or dump.. grace:confused:

Our stay at this hotel was in 1990 or 1991. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's cozy and comfortable. The location is great: right on English Bay, and within easy walking distance of Stanley Park. We enjoyed our stay, despite cool, drizzly weather.

Here is the link for the Trip Advisor posting, which lists this hotel as #36 of 104 hotels in Vancouver: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154943-d182544-Reviews-Sylvia_Hotel-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html

Mostly good reviews, but one awful one.

Is the rate you were quoted either for two rooms or a multi-bedroom suite big enough for your entire group? The rate of $240 a night seems rather high for a normal room at the Sylvia.

That was for a multi room suite that will sleep up to 7. My mother in law is retired county health nurse and is a clean freak... She doesn't mind old just wants it clean... I am hoping someone has stayed recently and knows what rooms I should ask for... grace

The Silvia has been a landmark in Vancouver for eons. I have never stayed in it but I know of the family who own it, they have owned it for years and take a great deal of pride in it. They have a loyal clientele that come year after year, time after time, so it must be well kept.

It is not modern by any sence of the word. The first time I saw it I suprised at the age. After that I loved it. If you are looking for Modern this is not it.

As noted previously it is a very loyal group who continue to return there is is almost like an extended family. My mom used to bring ice cream for the night manager's dog when she staid there. My parents knew quite a few people who they never met any where else just because they always booked back at the Silvia the same week each year.

The location is fantastic. While a bit from the port, (A good walk, but not with luggage) it is a nice area and a great place for a walk. It is a reasonable price for a downtown property.

We are staying at the Waterfront because of a corporate rate, but I don't want to think what a multi room suite would cost there.

Archived