Bon Voyage Gifts

umpalumpa14588

This kinda goes along with the OP's question...well it's in the realm of Bon Voyage gifts...

I want to purchase a Bon Voyage gift for my parent's cabin as a thank you for the cruise. Our TA gave us the cabin numbers but when we completed our funpasses online (we have 2 rooms) both room numbers were TBA. So now I am nervous using the number the TA gave me. If I got the gift through the purser's desk as soon as we got onboard...will it still be there before the rooms are ready? If not, does anyone know how long it would take? Thank you!! :D

~Kristina

To the OP, Good luck with your cake and have fun on your cruise!

The answer to both of your questions is call and order them. My boss gives me on board credit when we cruise and I am always TBA and we get them every time. You just need the booking info (sail date, ship and booking number). I have also ordered cakes. They are just ok. I actually liked the white cake better than the chocolate and that is rare for me. You can order the cake once on board also in Formalities as the other poster noted.

We bought our DD a couple to be delivered on her last cruise. Basically, we did the Corona cooler, bar and soft drink coupons. All delivered the first night on her cruise.

We really think this was great way of sending her off on her first cruise without the parents.:rolleyes:

I ended up with 2 birthday cakes for my last birthday cruise

they brought them out at 2 different nights at dinner

it was a shame though , cause everyone wanted to eat the normal desserts on the Menu:rolleyes:

Which I hate to admit , I wanted also ...LOL

Love that chocolate melting cake :p

I really did enjoy the birthday stateroom decorations though

and the box of cookies ...those were very yummy :D

Wont do the cakes again though

with our anniversary cake, they did not even offer us the menu desserts. I did not mind though. we ended up giving away most of our cake anyway because it was just too much for 3 nights to eat and me diabetic. Left only my DH and DD to eat it.

We did the chocolate cake and thought it was great.

i had my mother's stateroom decorated for her bday on one sailing. a cake came with that "package," and was there at embarkation. other than that, cakes were sent complimentary to my in laws (by our cvs), from us, for their bdays. but, these were given out in the dr.

if you want nothing but a cake (no accompanying stateroom decorations), i wld recommend calling the bon voyage dept directly to see if they can arrange this. i am sure they can arrange for this. good luck.:)

Is there a way to opt to have the cake delivered to your cabin instead of the dining room?

they actually ask you when you want it delievered. I chose to have it delivered to the DR. It was a special night for us. I enjoyed the singing they did for us, and bringing the cake. We even gave our waiter and asst waiter a piece of it.

This year, our anniversary falls on the first night, and it will not let me order on line for the first night, so I will have to call them about it.

DH does not know I am doing this yet. May have the room decorated also. Not sure yet.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I would like a Bon Voyage cake to be delivered to our cabin as soon as it can be- this is a special trip for my mom & I. I think I'll call them since I haven't had any luck online. Thanks again!

I bought one for my daughters birthday (which fell a few days before we left), and had it delivered at dinner during the Formal Night. That is usually the first full Day at Sea anyway, so early in the trip.

It worked out really well. The cake tasted good, and we shared it with the other families seated with us. It was a nice way to get to know them. And I think it made my daughter feel even more special being the center of attention on the night when everyone was dressed up.

i had my mother's stateroom decorated for her bday on one sailing. a cake came with that "package," and was there at embarkation.

My mother's birthday is the second day of the cruise. Should I order the birthday package ahead of time & have the cabin decorated? Would you let me know what all they did for the birthday package?

Any other fun suggestions that would make the day special for her?

We're sailing on the Conquest in March.

Thanks!

My mother's birthday is the second day of the cruise. Should I order the birthday package ahead of time & have the cabin decorated? Would you let me know what all they did for the birthday package?

I ordered the Happy Birthday cabin decoration for my daughter as well. I have pictures, but not posted online anywhere.

Basically there was a big foil/mylar brightly colored thing hanging from the ceiling. It had curly foil streamers dangling from it. And there was a Happy Birthday banner taped to the mirror. They also left her a Carnival key chain (nothing fancy) and an artificial foil flower arrangement type thing. It definitely made the cabin a bit wild to walk into!

I know ... that description is pretty hard to visualize.

Bottom line was my daughter loved it. The hardest part was trying to salvage it in tact because she desperately wanted to bring it home for her room. There was no way to easily "disassemble" it.

However, my daughter is 12. For an adult it might not have the exact same effect. I guess it would depend on whether you're Mom is a good sport or has a sense of whimsy. For me it was worth the $32 bucks though.

We found the cake to be very good and just told the waiter we would like to order one and he took care of it for us. Don't order a large cake. We ordered the small cake and had them slice it into small pieces and it was more than enough to feed 16 people and we still had a little room for the Carnival desert.

This kinda goes along with the OP's question...well it's in the realm of Bon Voyage gifts...

I want to purchase a Bon Voyage gift for my parent's cabin as a thank you for the cruise. Our TA gave us the cabin numbers but when we completed our funpasses online (we have 2 rooms) both room numbers were TBA. So now I am nervous using the number the TA gave me. If I got the gift through the purser's desk as soon as we got onboard...will it still be there before the rooms are ready? If not, does anyone know how long it would take? Thank you!! :D

~Kristina

To the OP, Good luck with your cake and have fun on your cruise!

I think most, maybe all, cabins are now listed as TBA (there was a thread about this a while ago). Originally it showed my cabin but now has TBA.

If you know their booking # and cabin #, you should be able to order it online.

they actually ask you when you want it delievered. I chose to have it delivered to the DR. It was a special night for us. I enjoyed the singing they did for us, and bringing the cake. We even gave our waiter and asst waiter a piece of it.

This year, our anniversary falls on the first night, and it will not let me order on line for the first night, so I will have to call them about it.

DH does not know I am doing this yet. May have the room decorated also. Not sure yet.

I celebrated my birthday the first night of the last cruise. My parents had a cake sent to me at dinner through Bon Voyage that night without any problems, well except for it being a Happy Anniversary cake. It is now a running joke, as on the cruise before that my S&S card had me listed as a Mrs. You think they are trying to tell me something?

Archived