Can I change my booking to another ship

il26382

I have just booked a cruise out of Miami for July 28th. We are trying to find air flights that don't cost an arm and a leg with no luck! My question is, would I be able to transfer us to another ship and port out of Port Canaveral? The flights seem to be cheaper. The only thing we have paid is our initial deposit. I went with the cruise out of Miami because I was thinking that the ship was nicer, now I'm not so sure. Maybe just have to bite the bullet and pay the higher airfare! Thanks to all who answer!!!!

You sure can change ships....you are well outside the final payment time......

Just keep your booking number and tell your TA or RCCL(whoever you booked with),you want to change...........that way,if you had any OBC,you'd get to keep it........

If you just cancel(outright), they would have to refund your money back and you'd have to lay out more..............but keeping that booking number and just changing ships/dates, the deposit will just transfer over.........

Thanks all! Yeah, I have looked at FLL also. A little more but maybe worth it? I cannot afford a direct flight so therefore we have to change planes at Atlanta. I have never flown before. How difficult is this?

Thanks all! Yeah, I have looked at FLL also. A little more but maybe worth it? I cannot afford a direct flight so therefore we have to change planes at Atlanta. I have never flown before. How difficult is this?

Its not difficult as long as all the flights are on time.........make sure you have a decent amount of time between flights......not 15 mins,and yet ,not 7 hours either..:p

and if possible,fly in the day before.........

Seriously consider arriving a day early. I know it'll cost you a night in a hotel but when you have a lay over, you have 2 flights to worry about being on time. Sure, statistically they will probably both be fine, but its a huge chance to take after the money you paid out for that cruise. OR come in as early as possible. You might do a lot of waiting around but still... you wont miss the ship. Coming the day before is more relaxing... go out to dinner, enjoy the pool at your hotel, sounds like your husband wants to see Miami anyway... so this would work good for you.

As for the difficulty of switching planes... its probably intimidating to a first time flier but its not hard at all. You will get 2 boarding passes, one for each leg of the flight. They will have the flight numbers on them and sometimes the gate number (the gate is the particular area and door where your plane will be). Even if there is a gate number, use the monitors in the baggage check area or the main terminal to look up your flight by number and double check the gate, they do change them sometimes. Many times on the plane, as you are preparing to land in Atlanta, the flight attendant will run down a list of all connecting flights, they sometimes even have maps of the major airports (Atlanta will definitely be included) in a magazine in the seat back of the chair in front of you. Listen for your connection info ("flight number xxxx to Miami, gate xx") and look to see exactly how you need to get from the gate you come in at to the next one you will leave from. If they dont announce this info as you are landing, thats ok, just look on the monitors when you get off the first plane and find your next gate. Any checked luggage is sent from one plane to the next, you dont have to do anything about that. Just make sure you gather all of your belongings from that first plane. Its rare that you stay on the same plane for the second leg.

As already mentioned, leave a comfortable space between flights... an hour is what I look for. Thats enough time to stop for a potty break, grab a snack if you need one and get to your next gate without a lot of sitting around. 90 minutes is probably even safer. Keep in mind... if your flight leaves at 12:00... boarding starts at 11:40ish. DONT BE LATE! They close those doors before the scheduled departure time, 10 minutes early I believe. And once they close them, they wont reopen them even if the plane is still sitting there.

Hope this helps... have a good time!

which ships are you looking at ( leave from miami or leave from port canaveral) ?

also, if flts are a lot less into orlando, you can drive to miami from there too but would def. do this the day before the cruise not day of- one way rental cars can be in the 25- 35 range-

which ships are you looking at ( leave from miami or leave from port canaveral) ?

also, if flts are a lot less into orlando, you can drive to miami from there too but would def. do this the day before the cruise not day of- one way rental cars can be in the 25- 35 range-

Looking at other posts............Sovereign or Majesty

Archived