afartribe

afartribe

can anyone answer query about visa's? I am from UK, do not need visa for canada (joining Ryndam at Vancouver). However as Alaska is in US, does the ship cover all passengers for US waters and shore excursions. All I get from HAL is go to your embassy!:confused:

According to this link, you will not need a visa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/visit/visas.asp

The OP knew they didn't need a visa for Canada, HB ;)

The UK is part of the "Visa Waiver" program for the US. SO, according to the Dept. of State:

"Visa waiver travelers from ALL 27 Visa Waiver Program countries must present a machine-readable passport at the U.S. port of entry to enter the U.S. without a visa, otherwise a U.S. visa is required. See important information about the 10/26/05 digital photograph and 10/26/06 e-passport requirements for VWP travelers. Learn more."

Afartribe: Welcome to CruiseCritic! I hope you will find this site extremely useful as you plan your cruise. I do have one suggestion that I think you will find helpful in asking questions. Your thread title should not be your user name (Afartribe). That doesn't really tell people much about what you want to know. For this thread, for example, a better title might have been: "UK citizen: Need visa for Alaska?" or something like that.

I'm glad you got useful answers. Please do keep asking, as questions occur to you. You may also find it helpful to check the Alaska forum in the Ports of Call area to get information on the specific ports you will be visiting.

Enjoy your cruise! Alaska is astoundingly beautiful.

Archived