What is near the Doubletree in San Pedro?

rickdeni

We will take a shuttle from the airport to the Doubletree but am wondering if there are any stores nearby to buy pop and liquor? Also, are cabs plentiful? We did not book the special to park and ride the shuttle so am interested in the availability of cabs to get to the pier. Any help would be appreciated.

I would check with the hotel, but I think they offer the free shuttle if you're just an ordinary hotel guest, not just on the Park & cruise special...

Cabs are extremely rare in LA...You usually have to call for one...and the distance involved here is so short I doubt they'd want to come by and do it without some minimum charge...'

OTOH, there is a trolley that runs from the Marina up to the Cruise Terminal:

http://www.railwaypreservation.com/page8.html

http://www.sanpedrochamber.com/champint/troly.htm

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/redcar.htm

Runs 10 am to 6 pm on days when ships are in port...

I think the Marina Station is near your hotel and there is a station near the Cruise Terminal...It's about a mile and a half in total...

We stayed there in December and were extremely pleased with our room and they will shuttle you to the Cruise terminal, just see the bell desk after you check in. It is about 7 1/2 minutes to the Cruise Terminal. You may be able to get one of the hotel shuttle guys to take you to get some refreshments but you probably would be just as well to ask the LAX shuttle driver to stop somewhere and just tip him something extra if he can stop. The hotel location is extremely quiet but as a result is just off the beaten path.. but I am sure that if necessary you can get a cab, you just won't find them sitting out side the front door waiting. The other thing to watch is that there food service space is a bit limited so be prepared to wait in line for both dinner and breakfast... the food is kind of average.

If you're taking a shuttle with other people, I'm not sure the driver would be willing to stop or if he did stop others might be irritated at the delay. With just the regular passenger stops on our SuperShuttle from the airport to the hotel it took us about two hours!

We stayed at DoubleTree last month and they have a complementary van that will take you to area restaurants and a store for wine.

Be specific about where you want to go for wine. I just asked them to take us to the closest place and it was a little convenience store with a very small selection and in a very bad area:eek:!

The DT shuttle always appeared available to take you to the Cruise Terminal but you do need to see the Bell Desk as soon as you check in to set up a time to go over to the terminal. As to being available to take you to a liquor store (I guess you could phone the hotel and ask) or the name of a good liquor store, I don’t know we had driven our own car over from AZ and had brought supplies. Actually I am looking for the name of a good LS myself on another thread.

Have them take you into Old Downtown. 7th Street liquor store at the intersection of 7th and Centre Street is good for spirits. If you are looking for fine wine, my wife and I just opened a shoppe at the corner of 6th and Pacific Ave (also in Old Downtown) called Off the Vine. Shoot us an e-mail when you get into town and we'll help you out anyway we can.

Archived