PV - Krystal Resort

Cruisin2009

We have heard good things about the Krystal Resort in Puerto Vallarta.... We will have a 2 year old with us. Do you think she will be appropriate? Is there a toddler pool/play area? Also, can anyone tell us how to get there? Is it a fairly short walk from the port? Thanks!

It's perfect for a 2 year old. I've taken my toddlers three times and it's always our best port day.

It's a very easy walk. I do it alone with my twins in their double stroller, which is just a bit of a challenge because of one stretch of cobblestone where the sidewalk ends, but it's do-able.

Here's what we do:

The Krystal has a nice playground with climbing structures, slides, etc. We go early before the slides get too hot, but there is usually always a part of it that is shaded during the day. It is across from the pool area (the beach is on one side and the playground on the other).

There is a fantastic toddler pool with a fountain in the center that's at the far end of the sprawling pool area. We bring blow up floats and balls (there are always other kids there from the ship or who are staying at the resort, so it's nice to have toys to share). We tip a worker a few dollars to bring an umbrella over to our lounge chairs there.

After pool play, we walk over to the beach (the pool area is adjacent). Tip a worker for chairs under a palapa and the girls play in the sand and play tag with the ocean. There are vendors, but they take a polite "no thank you" as a final answer and don't bother you again.

There are showers between the beach and the pool and clean restrooms. The Krystal used to charge cruise passengers $20 per adult to use the facilities, which was well worth it (espcially considering the price of resort excursions from the ship), but now it's free if you show your cruise card to the security guard at the gate, so I think it's only fair to spend some money while we're there - so we buy lunch (great quesadillas and tacos) and drinks. We usually take one last dip in the pool before we leave - feels good before the quick walk back.

If you go to the Mexico boards here and search "Krystal" you will find easy walking directions.

I also hear that the Krystal has amazing and inexpensive massages on the beach, that must be reserved ahead of time (you can find the email address on the Mexico boards as well).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Mia

Archived