Advice for shore excursions with kids ages 2, 13, and 17

ANETLY

I've been lurking for awhile getting lots of great ideas from you guys. Thank you. We are taking our first family cruise in April with my mother inlaw, and our kids, ages 2, 13, and 17. MIL chose Carnival Elation for 5days in Mexico. I am wondering if we need to split up during the shore excursions, or are there some fun things we can all do together? What excursions do you recommend. I don't mind taking the toddler, while dh takes the other two, but just don't know what to do. Also, anyone know about this ship, I'm starting to get nervous due to some other reviews about it. Thanks so much for your input.

Ooops, can't believe I left that out!! We will be stopping in Cabo San Lucas, and Ensenada. I would love to see pics if you have them. One question, is it decent? I read some reviews that said it was falling apart and looked nasty, bad food, etc. It's our first cruise ever and I don't want it fun.

Thanks,

Ooops, can't believe I left that out!! We will be stopping in Cabo San Lucas, and Ensenada. I would love to see pics if you have them. One question, is it decent? I read some reviews that said it was falling apart and looked nasty, bad food, etc. It's our first cruise ever and I don't want it fun.

Thanks,

Well I can honestly say that I liked Elation 100 times more than Sensation. Elation is what caused me to want to try Sensation. It is more subdued than the other ships. The neon isn't as glaring. I wouldn't say it is "falling apart" at all. No, it's not a NEW ship with all of the bells/whistles. But we were pleasantly surprised. I think for your first cruise you will be more than happy with it.

On Sensation, it was August and I swear the passengers were the worst part. They were horrible.

On Elation, it was November/December, so like Jan/Feb it's a time when the ship won't be filled with the party crowd.

I'll post some of my pics here...

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Unless you stick with beach trips, there aren't many tours in Cabo for the 2 year old. The older kids can do the dolphin swim and whale tours. Ensenada isn't the greatest place for anything, so I really can't help you there.

Unless you stick with beach trips, there aren't many tours in Cabo for the 2 year old. The older kids can do the dolphin swim and whale tours. Ensenada isn't the greatest place for anything, so I really can't help you there.

Can I take the two year old to watch the older kids do their excursions? If they chose parasailing for example, I know the little guy couldn't do it, but would they let him on the boat at all? Is there a particular beach that you would recommend if we do that instead?

Michelle, Thanks for the pictures, they look great! Looks like no one was onboard when you took them, that would be nice, lol! The pool looks small is it similar to others that you've been on? Do you happen to have any pictures of the cabins?

On our cruise, they had a minimum age of 7 to even go on the boats for parasailing. Perhaps if you could find a private tour, they might allow the 2 year old on the boat, but don't be surprised if they don't. There are so many beaches in Cabo, some right off where the ship tenders. What your kids might like is going to the area where they have those really cool islands that just seem to pop up out of the water. I saw lots of families there on our cruise in November.

Michelle, Thanks for the pictures, they look great! Looks like no one was onboard when you took them, that would be nice, lol! The pool looks small is it similar to others that you've been on? Do you happen to have any pictures of the cabins?

I take all of my pictures either on the first day before anyone finds out where everything is or the last day when everyone is in a hurry to get off....lol. The AO picture was taken as soon as we boarded before anyone got there.

Which type of cabin are you in? I have a few pictures from the Elation cabin, it was an ocean view. But I have many more from the Sensation (they look the same as far as the cabins go). The Sensation pictures are of the Cat 12.

Let me know and I'll post them.

Michelle, those pictures are perfect, thank you. I think it looks great and the bed on the floor is a good idea too!!

I'm getting so excited!

We needed the bed on the floor cause there was no way she was going up in the upper bed. She actually rolled off the one on the floor. Good thing she didn't have far to go. ;)

Have a great cruise!

Archived