Cabin Across from Elevator

sfilbert

I would change cabins in a heartbeat....the problem is not the elevators, they run very quiet. It's the lack of courtesy shown by those who are waiting to board the elevators. Why these folks can't keep their voices down I will never understand :mad: !!

Last August, we were in cabin #8123 on the Millennium...just across the hall from the midship elevators...Not only was there no noise or other disruption from the elevators (or people getting on or off), but we also found the location to be quite convenient since we never had to walk down any narrow hallways to and from our cabin...and finding our cabin was always pretty easy!!

On our last Summit cruise we had a problem with our cabin on Deck 3 so they moved us to Deck 7 - Room 7072 which is across from the foward elevators. We had no problem with the room AFTER we got used to the idea that if the cabin steward opened the door, for whatever reason, you had better be dressed :D (or at least with a "secure" robe) -- because there could be ten people out there waiting for the elevator. The only other thing we noticed was a lot of light came in under the door because the area where the elevator is located is kept well lit. So we put a towel by door.

No big deal. But, you wouldn't have found us complaining anyway. The cabin on Deck 3 was an outside cabin and they moved us upstairs to a veranda (our 1st). Everyone had told us the ship was full (even the cruise director after he heard our story). I thought I would have to live with the problems on Deck 3, but after two calls to the front desk -- they moved us -- totally unexpected :D and very much appreciated.

Had a wonderful cruise -- going back on Summit next March -- this time Cabin 7080

We had no problem with the room AFTER we got used to the idea that if the cabin steward opened the door, for whatever reason, you had better be dressed :D (or at least with a "secure" robe) -- because there could be ten people out there waiting for the elevator.

It doesn't matter WHAT cabin I'm in...If the cabin steward opens my door, I sure hope I'm not standing there stark naked...and I sure hope he/she knocks first as well...

Hahahaha - Steve -- he did knock -- and I did have a robe on securely -- but imagine my surprise when he opens the door all the way so that it clicks and stays open, and saw ten people staring at me :D After the first time, no problems. The odds of that happening down a corridor are pretty slim.

Also, I forgot to mention that I never heard the elevators themselves and like Steve our cabin was really easy to find and we actually liked being that close to the elevators.

good thread. we're in one of those cabins on our next cruise (Millennium, December). our first balcony -- the onboard booker recommended it because of the slightly larger balcony size. so really *I* am just worried about noise from ... the sea :) :) :) (j/k)

We are in cabin 7176 on Summit for April. Right across from the elevators. I have been reading these threads and most people say that it isn't a problem. Of course there is always the risk of "loud" people out there waiting for the elevator but I think the risk is minimal. Heck, on our last cruise we were well away from the elevator and the hall was sometimes noisy as well. I see no difference, its the luck of the draw.

Archived