Captain's Club - Can't Please Everyone!

richsea

As a matter of information, we just qualified for Elite membership with the completion of our last cruise.

Before X dropped the $35.00 fee, some people on these boards complained that the other cruise lines' repeater programs were free & Celebrity was ripping people off with the charge. Now that they no longer charge, the company is getting ripped because the Captain's Club is watered down (See Captain's Club Pole thread) . No matter what they do, they can't please everyone.

The other evening I received a call from a marketing firm asking what I thought of the Captain's Club magazine; it's layout, content & how it could be improved. At several times during the interview, I was also asked how I thought the benefits could be improved, which benefits were important, which were not. At times, he asked me to repeat answers because he was typing them & wanted to clarify some points because the results were going directly to top management.

The phone call must have lasted 45-60 minutes.

I think that Celebrity is always trying to tweak the benefits of the Captain's Club. Without change, the result is stagnation, & people will say "same ol' same ol'". We should try to remember that a benefit that is important to one may be meaningless to another.

Anyone else get a similar call? Thoughts or comments?

As a matter of information, we just qualified for Elite membership with the completion of our last cruise.

Before X dropped the $35.00 fee, some people on these boards complained that the other cruise lines' repeater programs were free & Celebrity was ripping people off with the charge. Now that they no longer charge, the company is getting ripped because the Captain's Club is watered down (See Captain's Club Pole thread) . No matter what they do, they can't please everyone.

The other evening I received a call from a marketing firm asking what I thought of the Captain's Club magazine; it's layout, content & how it could be improved. At several times during the interview, I was also asked how I thought the benefits could be improved, which benefits were important, which were not. At times, he asked me to repeat answers because he was typing them & wanted to clarify some points because the results were going directly to top management.

The phone call must have lasted 45-60 minutes.

I think that Celebrity is always trying to tweak the benefits of the Captain's Club. Without change, the result is stagnation, & people will say "same ol' same ol'". We should try to remember that a benefit that is important to one may be meaningless to another.

Anyone else get a similar call? Thoughts or comments?

Hi Rich !

I havent recieved that type of phone call, but I would be very willing to participate, should it happen.

Regards,

Andy

Archived