Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Txchelle, where are you cruising? I see you are on Rhapsody also. I've camped in Europe some too - Spain and France.:) . We actually got cold in May over there but this northeast Tennessee girl from the mountains would settle for those temperatures now instead of what we have here in Texas.

Hi....

We are flying into Seattle on a friday night, arriving at 8:00. I'm sure we will be starving. We are staying at the Sheraton Towers, is there anything casual nearby to grab something? It will need to be open late, as I'm sure it will take a while to get our luggage, then a shuttle etc

Also, what about for breakfast the next morning?

Thanks

Hi....

We are flying into Seattle on a friday night, arriving at 8:00. I'm sure we will be starving. We are staying at the Sheraton Towers, is there anything casual nearby to grab something? It will need to be open late, as I'm sure it will take a while to get our luggage, then a shuttle etc

Also, what about for breakfast the next morning?

Thanks

The Daily Grill in the hotel is open until 11 pm for dinner and open at 6 am for breakfast. Other than that, not much. Late is not something that gets done in Seattle.

Tom Douglas has a restaurant on 5th Av that is open til 1 am, but it is quite a walk, and is not exactly casual or cheap. The Palace Room.

Thanks

For breakfast, is there anything at Pikes? How far of a walk is that from the Sheraton?

I just looked at the hotel's site, The Daily Grill closes at 10 PM. Red Robin is open till 12:00, how far is that from the hotel?

Per the Daily Grill's own website, they are open til 11pm.

Red Robin is on the waterfront. About eight blocks west and 4-5 blocks south.

Lowell's in the market is good for breakfast, but you have to be there the moment they open to get a good place in line.

Lowell's in the market is good for breakfast, but you have to be there the moment they open to get a good place in line.

Karen, what time should we be there if we want to try to get breakfast there on next Friday?

Txchelle, where are you cruising? I see you are on Rhapsody also. I've camped in Europe some too - Spain and France.:) . We actually got cold in May over there but this northeast Tennessee girl from the mountains would settle for those temperatures now instead of what we have here in Texas.

I am actually getting a little nervous about what the summer season will bring for us here in Texas. Woke up to 58 degrees today, on May 15. That is unusually cool for this time of year. Instead of easing into summer, one day it will blaze up to 110 and stay that way all summer.

I am actually getting a little nervous about what the summer season will bring for us here in Texas. Woke up to 58 degrees today, on May 15. That is unusually cool for this time of year. Instead of easing into summer, one day it will blaze up to 110 and stay that way all summer.

Morning, Teresa. Don't envy you one bit, and you're right, you're probably going to get slammed all at once--temp and humidity both.

Is this easy walking? My husband even asked me last night to look up McDonalds or Denny's.....LOL

No Denny's in the city of Seattle any more. McDonald's is only open til 10 downtown. The nearest one is at 6th and Virginia, about five blocks from the Sheraton.

Lowell's is in the Market, about five blocks west of the Sheraton.

Boy you are quick! Our plane arrives at 11:14 but by the time we get our luggage and find the HAL bus it will probably be after 12 before we take off. Also do you know what time the Mariner game is on Sunday? Will we be going through the thick of it from the Fairmont to the pier? We are at the mercy of HAL's transport as for timing. My guess since they prefer passengers don't all show up at 11:30 that they won't pick us up till check out and take their tiime getting us there. Thanks, as always you are a wealth of info!

One more ?? Do you get the Duck tour near Argosy(sp?) It it at the same area of the waterfront that you get to from the Pike Climb stairs? Can an 83yo with a bad hip climb down to the harbor or do I need to get a cab for mom? Thanks!

Boy you are quick! Our plane arrives at 11:14 but by the time we get our luggage and find the HAL bus it will probably be after 12 before we take off. Also do you know what time the Mariner game is on Sunday? Will we be going through the thick of it from the Fairmont to the pier? We are at the mercy of HAL's transport as for timing. My guess since they prefer passengers don't all show up at 11:30 that they won't pick us up till check out and take their tiime getting us there. Thanks, as always you are a wealth of info!

It's a 1:00 game on Sunday. so you will be in the midst of the traffic. If you are doing their buses to and from the hotel, you are most certainly at their mercy. They might not take you til as late as 1:00 or so.

One more ?? Do you get the Duck tour near Argosy(sp?) It it at the same area of the waterfront that you get to from the Pike Climb stairs? Can an 83yo with a bad hip climb down to the harbor or do I need to get a cab for mom? Thanks!

Nope, the Duck Tour is across the street from the Space Needle, directly across from McDonald's. I would not go down the Harbor Steps. I would take the elevator from the Market down to waterfront level.

Question about the Grayline shuttle. That seems to be the best deal for the 4 of us. OK, I know it will take us from the airport to our hotel.....but will it take us from the dock to the airport after the cruise?

No. NCL pax are not eligible for the Cruise Express Service (which only leaves from Terminal 30, anyway), only Princess and HAL.

http://www.graylineseattle.com/cruiseexpress1.cfm

You will need to go to either the Edgewater or the Marriott and call the Connector to take you to a hotel to pick up the Airporter Express.

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

You will need to go to either the Edgewater or the Marriott and call the Connector to take you to a hotel to pick up the Airporter Express.

This kinda sounds like a pain......LOL....are there shuttles or busses waiting at the pier to take PAX to the airport?

But we can use the Grayline one way for when we arrive, correct?

This kinda sounds like a pain......LOL....are there shuttles or busses waiting at the pier to take PAX to the airport?

But we can use the Grayline one way for when we arrive, correct?

You can use Gray Line both ways, you just have to walk across the street or down the block to catch it on the way back. The only way you can use NCL's transfers is if you reserve and pay for them now.

You can use Gray Line both ways, you just have to walk across the street or down the block to catch it on the way back. The only way you can use NCL's transfers is if you reserve and pay for them now.

I mean are there just regular generic busses or shuttles at the dock....not NCL's?

Archived