Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Unfortunately, Karen won't because she is in her "deathbed" with the flu (she told me to say that), but my sister Erin or I will until she is nursed back to health by.....um, herself? Since she is a nurse.Heather

Oh No Karen get better soon, we miss you! Now drink lots of fluids and........you know the drill.

Dianne

That was quick ...Thank you Tenn4ever. Here is another question that I should of ask earlier.

We will be on the NCL Pearl and was told that it is on terminal 66. How do we get there from the hotel ?

Thank you so much.

I don't live in Seattle but have seen Karen post several times that taxi is basically it to get from your hotel to the pier. I'm pretty sure that is what she would tell you. That's what we are taking from the Holiday Inn Express and hopefully will not have any problems getting one. I talked to the hotel about it and they said they will call for us about an hour before we need it. We're using the Grayline Downtowner from the airport to the hotel.

Please help us with a suggestion for transportation from the Airport to Westin Downtown Hotel. I've checked with the Shuttle Expresss website and it quoted us $70 for 3 people one way :-(

Thank you so much

If you can stuff all three people and your luggage into a taxi, you should be able to do it for about $35.00 or, for more leg room and less sitting on each others' laps, the Airporter.

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

$33.00 for three.

That was quick ...Thank you Tenn4ever. Here is another question that I should of ask earlier.

We will be on the NCL Pearl and was told that it is on terminal 66. How do we get there from the hotel ?

Thank you so much.

Here is a map of Terminal 66 and a link to the Port of Seattle.

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/

portmap_p66.gif

portmap_ov.gif

If you can stuff all three people and your luggage into a taxi, you should be able to do it for about $35.00 or, for more leg room and less sitting on each others' laps, the Airporter.

$33.00 for three.

We (2 people) just took the Taxi last week from the Waterfront Marriott to the airport. It was a flat fee of $28.00 and he was such a nice guy we gave him a good tip.

All the people we came in contact with in Seattle were really great!

Dianne

Arriving in Seattle around 5 p.m. Saturday evening. After being in the plane all day, we'll want to get to our hotel, Crowne Plaza as quickly as possible so we can visit Pike Street Market.

Since we'll be a family of 4 with about 6 bags would the best means of transportation be a taxivan?

Also how far is the Crowne Plaza from Pikes Street Market?

Also taking the train to Vancouver the next morning to get on the ship. Is that in walking distance to Amtrak station? It said one mile on the hotel website but with luggage it might seem like 10. I was hoping we could get some coffee and juice and a lite breakfast before we left but am not encouraged by the posts that reflect nothing opens before 6a.m. Sounds like there is a market for a coffee house near Amtrak. :cool:

Arriving in Seattle around 5 p.m. Saturday evening. After being in the plane all day, we'll want to get to our hotel, Crowne Plaza as quickly as possible so we can visit Pike Street Market.

Since we'll be a family of 4 with about 6 bags would the best means of transportation be a taxivan?

Also how far is the Crowne Plaza from Pikes Street Market?

Also taking the train to Vancouver the next morning to get on the ship. Is that in walking distance to Amtrak station? It said one mile on the hotel website but with luggage it might seem like 10. I was hoping we could get some coffee and juice and a lite breakfast before we left but am not encouraged by the posts that reflect nothing opens before 6a.m. Sounds like there is a market for a coffee house near Amtrak. :cool:

Market closes at 6 pm on the weekend, so you don't need to hurry on their account.....:(

Van taxis here are reserved for the physically challenged. I would go with the airporter or Shuttle Express (see URL's a few posts above this one).

The train station IS downhill from the Crown Plaza, so you could do it if you choose to.

There is a Charbucks at 2nd and Occidental, but that's the extent of any place to get anything, and it would just be coffee, water and the occasional pastry.

You are the greatest resource. Our plan is to rent a "Thrifty" car, take the ferry and visit Bloedel Reserve. Do you think we'll have time to get to the airport in time for our 10:20 p.m. flight? How long does the ferry take?

PNW

We are coming in on Fri morning around 9, how difficult will it be to get a cab to go to Holiday inn express on Dexter?

How far is this hotel from the waterfront and the amtrack station?

We will take the train the next day to Vancouver and understand to get there around 6, we have our tickets already got them here at the station so we won;t need to get tickets, should we still get there at 6?

Thanks am more than anxious to see pikes market.:D

We (2 people) just took the Taxi last week from the Waterfront Marriott to the airport. It was a flat fee of $28.00 and he was such a nice guy we gave him a good tip.

All the people we came in contact with in Seattle were really great!

Dianne

Dianne: Did you arrange for the taxi on your own or did the Concierge at the Marriott do it for you? We will be there at the end of August and I am debating whether to arrange for a taxi, shuttle or Town car to take us back to the airport. Also, were you able to arrange any tours through the hotel or did you do them on your own by taking taxis to get to the various sites?

Thanks.

Sandy

There are ALWAYS contract limos available at the Ground Transportation Services on the third level of the garage.

Do you have more details on these "Contract Limos"? 4 of us will be arriving in SEA at around 1pm on Thursday 7/24 for the 7/25 RCL Rhapsody sailing. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to the Sheraton downtown. According to the airport website cabs (it says they have station wagons and vans) are running around $35, airporter shuttle would be $44....and a limo would be $60?? Worth a couple of extra bucks while on vacation.....Do I have to call in advance and set something up? Thanks.

-Pat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruz-On viewpost.gif

I know the airporter don't pick up at pier 66 but I know I read somewhere here to go across the street to catch it, so where do I go?

Marriott Waterfront Hotel

2100 Alaskan Way

YOu have to call the connector service an hour ahead of when you need it.

The Marriott is right across the street from Pier 66

Dianne: Did you arrange for the taxi on your own or did the Concierge at the Marriott do it for you? We will be there at the end of August and I am debating whether to arrange for a taxi, shuttle or Town car to take us back to the airport. Also, were you able to arrange any tours through the hotel or did you do them on your own by taking taxis to get to the various sites?

Thanks.

Sandy

Hi Sandy, we didn't arrange any tours but they do have the information right there and the Concierge's knowledge and helpfulness was amazing.

We wanted walking tours so he showed us options and gave us maps.

When we left we just came down the elevator intending to let the front desk know we needed a taxi. Walking by the Concierge's desk and mentioning what we needed the taxi was there in 5 minutes.

I called the hotel they don't have a direct line to the concierge but will connect you to him. If you need info from him.

Seattle Watterfront 206 443 5000

PNW

How far is this hotel from the waterfront and the amtrak station?

We will take the train the next day to Vancouver and understand to get there around 6, we have our tickets already got them here at the station so we won;t need to get tickets, should we still get there at 6?

We went the opposite direction on the 10th of May, Vancouver to Seattle our departure was 6:30 they suggested getting there at 4:00, now I know why at 4:15 people started lining up. They had already checked there bags but they give seat assignments on a first come basis. We were about 20th in line, I was told the right hand side was where I wanted to be for the best views, and it was for seeing the water. So you would want the Left hand side on the way back (Nothing like pointing out the obvious, sorry) I think that's why most people get there early, seat assignment.

It took us about 10 minutes to get from the Marriott to the Station, and there was still a lot of traffic from the baseball game. I just called to check the Marriott is only a mile and a half from the station.

Kamac56, I'm sorry I just saw you were asking about the distance from the Holiday Inn Express I can't be any help on that but I'm sure some one will. I check my paper work maybe it will show it.

Dianne

PNW

We are coming in on Fri morning around 9, how difficult will it be to get a cab to go to Holiday inn express on Dexter?

How far is this hotel from the waterfront and the amtrak station?

Hi I found this info: Looks like you are only a mile and a half from the waterfront

Holiday Inn Express

SEATTLE

211 DEXTER AVE NORTH

SEATTLE, WA 98109 UNITED STATES

• Seattle Space Needle (0.25 MI / 0.4 KM )
  • Pike Place Market (1.5 MI / 2.41 KM )
  • Seattle Center (0.25 MI / 0.4 KM )
  • Safeco Field Mariners Baseball (2 MI / 3.22 KM )
  • Westlake Shopping Center (1 MI / 1.61 KM )
  • Washington State Convention & Trade Center (1 MI / 1.61 KM )
  • Seattle Waterfront and Ferries (1.5 MI / 2.41 KM )
  • Victoria Clipper (1 MI / 1.61 KM )
  • Pioneer Square (2 MI / 3.22 KM )
  • Experience Music Project (0.25 MI / 0.4 KM )
  • Lake Union (1 MI / 1.61 KM )
  • Pacific Science Center (0.25 MI / 0.4 KM )
  • Qwest Field Seattle Seahawks (3 MI / 4.83 KM )
  • Pacific Place Shopping Center (1 MI / 1.61 KM )
  • Virgina Mason Medical Center (2 MI / 3.22 KM )

Kamac56, One more post, this is one Karen did that might help a bit. Also post #206 from Karen has great web sites to go to for the ferries, underground tours Etc.

#449 report.gif

post_old.gif April 15th, 2008, 04:52 AM

SeattleCruiselover user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_14258786", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddycat viewpost.gif

Karen--Seattle CruiseLover

First, I want to thank you for all the knowledge you've shared on this thread. You've made planning my pre-cruise visit to Seattle so easy!

But, I still have more questions & one in particular ... getting around Seattle on foot. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express, plan to walk over to Space Needle then take a Duck tour. After that we want to go to the aquarium which I think from reading this thread is downhill, so we'll walk. But, my question for you is (esp. if returning is uphill) ... what is easist way to get back to hotel?

Getting back from the aquarium, I would walk south to the ferry terminal (about 1/2 mile) and catch the number 16 bus, which will let you off at Dexter almost across the street from the HIE.

Sea Fan thanks so much for the info, the information is a big help.

I think we are going to cab it to the market and to the train station in the a.m. seems to be the simplest and possibly the quickest??? not sure if it will be the quickest but we plan to spend most of our fri at the market than back to the hotel for a bit of relaxing.

Thanks again!:D

Tell Karen we hope she feels better soon. Either she is dictating to you from her deathbed or you are clone of her, becasue reading your posts is just like she was writing the words. What a good daughter. Look forward to meeting you on the Golden in Sept!

Sea Fan thanks so much for the info, the information is a big help.

I think we are going to cab it to the market and to the train station in the a.m. seems to be the simplest and possibly the quickest??? not sure if it will be the quickest but we plan to spend most of our fri at the market than back to the hotel for a bit of relaxing.

Thanks again!:D

You are Welcome, most everything came from reading Karen's posts.

Karen....you need a cruise!!

Dianne

Do you have more details on these "Contract Limos"? 4 of us will be arriving in SEA at around 1pm on Thursday 7/24 for the 7/25 RCL Rhapsody sailing. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to the Sheraton downtown. According to the airport website cabs (it says they have station wagons and vans) are running around $35, airporter shuttle would be $44....and a limo would be $60?? Worth a couple of extra bucks while on vacation.....Do I have to call in advance and set something up? Thanks.

-Pat

The contract limos are booked on the "Advertisement Phone" down in baggage claim. Pick up the phone, punch in the limo number, tell them how many and where to. They pick you up and you are on your way.

Yes, there are cheaper limos, but for a one-time visitor this is a great deal.

Archived