Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Yes, I'm more than slightly addicted to cruising and to CC! It helps me let off some steam after the serious side of work.

And if you really want to have some fun come read what the Mustard of the Seas is all about. You might want to stock up on food and drink before reading though as we have over 50,000 posts!!:p

And it's less than 4 weeks until I'm back in Seattle, cruising again, and offering up my thanks to the upgrade fairy for my wonderful suite!! Speaking of Seattle, Karen what are you up to when I'm in town?

Me? Oh, the usual Memorial Day thing. Hiding out from NW Folklife. I live two miles away and I can still hear the music all day and all night.......(not as bad as Bumbershoot though). Other than that, no plans whatsoever.

Hi Karen -- Have really enjoyed all the help and comments on Seattle. My question is: from which pier/terminal does the NCL Pearl sail? We're hoping to do the repo in Sept. & need to make car rental & hotel arrangements. Thanks again!

Works for me. I haven't been on RCI in quite a while. Maybe it is about time I went back, if you know what I mean.....

(Is it a one way or a RT? i.e. do I need to plan a B2B to get home?)

Roundtrip, Juneau, Skagway, Hubbard Glacier, and Icy Strait Point

We've got a real fun group going. You should check out the roll call - it started less than a month ago. And many people are talking about flying into Seattle precruise.

I noticed that you said Pier 30 is a zoo starting at noon or so. Is it as bad at Pier 66? Should we try to get there really early?

Chris: Were I you and Ms Belp, I would consider being there not much later than 10:00 at the outside. There is only one ship at Pier 66, but it can still get a little crazy with the buses and cabs tying up the street and the small area that they have for people to congregate in.

P.S. Tell her a warm sweater and/or a light jacket will be fine for most of the time. It's supposed to be in the 60's this week and will be slowly warming up. She should leave her chillblains home in DFW.

What about out of Vancouver next May 30th?:p

I'll be visiting my Grandson in Cincinnati, actually it's my sons birthday the big 40 so I have to be there. Bummer! Makes me feel older than dirt!:eek:

Dianne

Karen,

I'm sailing the Infinity on July 4- does this go out of pier 66? What time should we plan on arriving at the dock??

Thanks in advance for ALL of your help on these boards!

Jennifer

Karen,

I'm sailing the Infinity on July 4- does this go out of pier 66? What time should we plan on arriving at the dock??

Thanks in advance for ALL of your help on these boards!

Jennifer

Jennifer: Yes, Pier 66. Try to be there no later than 10. You can check in and drop your bags, then go out and walk for a while. Be back no later than 1:30.

I'll be visiting my Grandson in Cincinnati, actually it's my sons birthday the big 40 so I have to be there. Bummer! Makes me feel older than dirt!:eek:

Dianne

Oh, just tell him to man up and have his birthday a week earlier, a week later or, better yet, to just "shut up and come along......":D

Oh, just tell him to man up and have his birthday a week earlier, a week later or, better yet, to just "shut up and come along......":D

See that's what I'm thinking!! Birthdays are wonderful onboard a ship.

We have just about 8 hours in Seattle so I was planning on visiting Pike Place Market, Klondike Goldrush NHP and the Space Needle. I was thinking of walking to Pike Place, then taking the #15 bus to Pioneer Square, then taking a bus (which one?) to Westlake Station and taking the monorail to and from Seattle Center.

From what I have read it looks like the waterfront "streetcar/bus" and other buses are in the free area and the monorail is $2 each way?

Also, what do you think of this loop? Do you recommend reversing it or changing it up in any way?

Thanx for your help.

We have just about 8 hours in Seattle so I was planning on visiting Pike Place Market, Klondike Goldrush NHP and the Space Needle. I was thinking of walking to Pike Place, then taking the #15 bus to Pioneer Square, then taking a bus (which one?) to Westlake Station and taking the monorail to and from Seattle Center.

From what I have read it looks like the waterfront "streetcar/bus" and other buses are in the free area and the monorail is $2 each way?

Also, what do you think of this loop? Do you recommend reversing it or changing it up in any way?

Thanx for your help.

The Gold Rush NHP has moved from its old location to a new one on Jackson Street. The 99 (waterfront streetcar) goes right by there. I would catch the 99 at 1st Av & Yesler in Pioneer Square, take it up to Jackson and see the museum, then walk up to 4th Av & Jackson (about three blocks) next to the Union Station and across from King St Station and take any of the 4th Av buses to Westlake Center (getting off betwen Pike and Pine on 4th Av). The 99 is free, and you will be in the free ride zone up to Westlake Center.

Actually, I think the monorail is up to somewhere between $3 and $4 one way now, since they have reopened it after the fire.

Chris: Were I you and Ms Belp, I would consider being there not much later than 10:00 at the outside. There is only one ship at Pier 66, but it can still get a little crazy with the buses and cabs tying up the street and the small area that they have for people to congregate in.

P.S. Tell her a warm sweater and/or a light jacket will be fine for most of the time. It's supposed to be in the 60's this week and will be slowly warming up. She should leave her chillblains home in DFW.

I passed on the message :D .

Thanks for the advice.

Me? Oh, the usual Memorial Day thing. Hiding out from NW Folklife. I live two miles away and I can still hear the music all day and all night.......(not as bad as Bumbershoot though). Other than that, no plans whatsoever.

I'll be in Seattle all day and most of the evening on the 25th (my flight doesn't leave till 12:40 Saturday night/Sunday morning). I figured it would be a good day to go to the zoo, but was thinking of stopping by the Folklife thingie to check it out. Is it too insane to do that? What exactly do they have there? Is there regional food? Is it a really young crowd? (I'm not a youngster so if it gears mainly to 20somethings I'd like suggestions for other things to do).

Thanks in advance.

I'll be in Seattle all day and most of the evening on the 25th (my flight doesn't leave till 12:40 Saturday night/Sunday morning). I figured it would be a good day to go to the zoo, but was thinking of stopping by the Folklife thingie to check it out. Is it too insane to do that? What exactly do they have there? Is there regional food? Is it a really young crowd? (I'm not a youngster so if it gears mainly to 20somethings I'd like suggestions for other things to do).

Thanks in advance.

Here is the homepage for Folklikfe.

http://www.nwfolklife.org/P_F/festival.html

It is a fascninating festival all about Pacific NW life and culture, replete with all kinds of folkloric dancing, oral history, music and much more. There is food, yes, and it is geared to all ages. I tend to stay away because I have to get up for work at 3 am, and because I'm not a crowd person. Don't let my pecadilloes keep YOU away.

Archived