All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

Hello everyone,

I peek in here every now and then. Like you all, I'm so anxious for this to open up. If I have to sleep in a broom closet, I will be on the maiden voyage. LOL She looks beautiful. I think those cabins on the park are great. Gonna be hard to choose a catagory.

Updated stats for the name voting, as of today, there have been 4559 voters. My favorite is still on top, but not but much. Here are the stats:

Oasis/Allure: 34%

Epic/Amazement: 32%

Mystique/Allure: 16%

Oasis/Utopia: 10%

Mosaic/Coronation: 6%

Utopia/Allure: 2%

Thanks for the updates on the voting. My favorite is the same as yours! Hope that one wins!!!:D

We are all talking about which category we will be choosing when bookings open. I don't care too much as long as I am on the ship!:D

Hey Mitzi: Get back on the Mariner thread where you belong.

N problem with cabin choice. Has to be one of the balconies overlooking Central Park. Been in inside, PRs and ocean views. Been in balcony cabins all around the ship from hump to aft and in between.

^5 Emmy!!

looks like the name we had submitted won, too bad they didn't grab my entry. Interesting how the winning name was not even that advertised??? Except in every news article read it mentioned "innovation" this and "innovation" that. Personally I think it was a sham, and they already knew the names they wanted.

Oh well let's move on to when we can grab a cabin and sailaway date~

After spending several hours reading every word I could find on Genesis, I made this thread a "favorite". Folks here seem to have the most fun - and knowledge. Whether facts or not, who cares? It's just as much fun to speculate!

Most of you are seasoned cruisers. DH and I have only done 3 cruises and feel like a baby who has just discovered he doesn't need to stay in one place - he can get up and walk!! We're addicted to cruising and like the baby, want to keep going!:)

Navigator in '06, Freedom in '07, and returned a month ago from Explorer. All went to the Caribbean.

DH sponsored the last cruise through his drive-time local radio program. We took 200+ on Explorer. He would love to take a group on Genesis!

The inaugural isn't an option for us - we're still Gold level (probably no chance of getting on) and would rather wait until early spring 2010...SO-o-o far away!

The RCI video is awesome and I will continue to follow every morsel of news and will certainly check this thread regularly.

There was some talk (here or maybe another thread) RE Central Park & who would want a hotel atmosphere on a ship??? I, for one, am all for it! Cruise ship service IMHO is better than any luxury hotel and unpacking is a one-time event. Walking thru Central Park, experiencing the 7 restaurants, bars and cafes is a big WOW factor in my book! I look forward to learning more about this fantastic ship!!:cool:

I was just thinking about those Central Park balconies and i realized something. I originally wanted one till I realized it would be like staying in a hotel, there is no sense of the ocean with those rooms. I think that may be the point of them. I love cruises, my parents love cruises, my grandma loves cruises, but my other grandma will never step onto a ship. This may be for those people. You get the full cruise experience but you can almost avoid the ocean. You no longer have to be stuck with the option of an interior cabin or a view of the ocean. Now if you're scared to go on a ship there is a room for you that feels just like being at any land hotel. While cruisers like us on here find the thought of a standard hotel on a ship to be dumb, it will allow for a whole new group of people to sail that never would have before.

I went through and read the news areas from the RCI home page, and googled, and couldn't find any article that mentioned the name of the new Genesis ship is Innovation?:confused:

It isn't. The above poster just wished that they would name it Innovation, by they did not pick the names yet, not until I beleive the beginning of the month.

It isn't. The above poster just wished that they would name it Innovation, by they did not pick the names yet, not until I beleive the beginning of the month.

I knew that:D

Thread sure got slow..everyone must be out cruising..just got back myself, and ready for another..

good Morning ~ recently back from my April 25 sailing on Explorer and the only tidbits of info about Genesis I learned was from the waiter in Portofino.

He said that there will be a 24 hour breakfast restaurant, a 24 hour lunch restaurant and a 5 level dining room. This might not be different news but it was to me.

Also spoke with our waitress in Johnny Rockets and she is also going to Genesis to work in the Johnny Rockets.

So how is the naming of the ship contest coming along? I have not kept up with that.

Emmy: Here's the USA Today blog re the names. Lot of people not happy.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=49001694.blog

Thanks for the link Paul... I personally think they could have done with selecting better names.. I am still hoping maybe they have one in mind and will choose that.

So the announcement of My Time Dining fleetwide I would think will work well on a large ship with many dining venues like Genesis class. I like that announcement. :)

Next announcement is the middle of June and booking opens in August according to what was said on the Independence preinaugural cruises.

Paul thanks for that bit of info re opening of bookings. We went to the Diamond/Platinum party on Explorer a couple of weeks ago and not one mention was made of Genesis class..I found that hard to believe that they did not 'push' the biggest ship to their best customers and give us a bit of info.

We did not attend the regular Crown & Anchor ealier in the week. Maybe they mentioned it then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, I have been away for the last Month and I was looking forward to more news on the Genesis, I guess I will have to wait untel the middle of June:D

Carol:)

Paul thanks for that bit of info re opening of bookings. We went to the Diamond/Platinum party on Explorer a couple of weeks ago and not one mention was made of Genesis class..I found that hard to believe that they did not 'push' the biggest ship to their best customers and give us a bit of info.

We did not attend the regular Crown & Anchor ealier in the week. Maybe they mentioned it then.

Now Emmy you and Carol need to keep me in the loop when you all book this sailing in case I can work it out and go. Beyond next Springs Independence I really don't have anything set in stone but I may try to do something special with my mom once she gets back into good health. BTW, the Johnny Rockets near my house recently closed up and it was in a pretty good location.

Now Emmy you and Carol need to keep me in the loop when you all book this sailing in case I can work it out and go. Beyond next Springs Independence I really don't have anything set in stone but I may try to do something special with my mom once she gets back into good health. BTW, the Johnny Rockets near my house recently closed up and it was in a pretty good location.

Vince, Emmy and I will definitely let you know when we book the Genesis, hope we meet again on the Genesis:D

Carol:)

good Morning ~ recently back from my April 25 sailing on Explorer and the only tidbits of info about Genesis I learned was from the waiter in Portofino.

He said that there will be a 24 hour breakfast restaurant, a 24 hour lunch restaurant and a 5 level dining room. This might not be different news but it was to me.

Also spoke with our waitress in Johnny Rockets and she is also going to Genesis to work in the Johnny Rockets.

So how is the naming of the ship contest coming along? I have not kept up with that.

Interesting news Emmy. Guess we should be finding out the names very soon. It be long before they open up the bookings. :) We still plan to be on the inaugural cruise. I'll be glad when the post the cabin deck plans.

Archived