All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

Interesting news Emmy. Guess we should be finding out the names very soon. It be long before they open up the bookings. :) We still plan to be on the inaugural cruise. I'll be glad when the post the cabin deck plans.

Hoping for a members cruise soon after she starts sailing like they did for Freedom. On Freedom did the inaugural on June 4 and Oct 15 they had a C&A members cruise on her..and it was an awesome price for that members cruise with a coupon.

Do you hear me RCI:D

Hoping for a members cruise soon after she starts sailing like they did for Freedom. On Freedom did the inaugural on June 4 and Oct 15 they had a C&A members cruise on her..and it was an awesome price for that members cruise with a coupon.

Do you hear me RCI:D

You can bet that RCI will have a members cruise on this ship. I just don't want to wait that long. :)

Do we know in what order they'll use the new names, i.e.- will the first ship be Oasis?

Well Bonnie, at least we know now what it seems to be! You're going to have to hold me to using the right name. I would tend to just keep on calling this thing "Genesis" if not caused to switch over.

Gosh, I'd hate to get on board the wrong ship!:eek: As an edit, I just looked back up and see that you've already changed your Signature. I'm assuming that since it's the Oasis-class the first one must be just that.

Do we know in what order they'll use the new names, i.e.- will the first ship be Oasis?

Well Bonnie, we know now! You're going to have to hold me to using the right name. I would tend to just keep on calling this thing "Genesis" if not caused to switch over.

Gosh, I'd hate to get on board the wrong ship!:eek: As an edit, I just looked back up and see that you've already changed your Signature.

Oasis is the first. They have a new website but it is not operational at this time. Maybe later today.

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com

I've noticed a lot of people's penchant on CC for not reading a thread and just posting redundantly in response to the OP. There's one sense in which a new thread might at least freshen up the conversation. I don't know.

Although I'll have to get used to not calling the ship "Genesis" anymore, there is at least a new vibe now that there is a real name and not a project place-holder. Starts to feel a little more real. Combine that with some expanded info coming soon and the ability to actually see schedules and book this behemoth--it's getting downright exciting!

Bonnie ~ thanks for posting the link here. I am reading it for the first time.

Not crazy about the names but it will not stop me from sailing on this class of ship. I know they will grow on me.:)

Congrats indeed to the winners... happy for them that is for sure.:) Enjoy your cruise on Oasis

Do you think they read Cruise Critic now!

Okay now time to change my signature :)

I've noticed a lot of people's penchant on CC for not reading a thread and just posting redundantly in response to the OP. There's one sense in which a new thread might at least freshen up the conversation. I don't know.

Although I'll have to get used to not calling the ship "Genesis" anymore, there is at least a new vibe now that there is a real name and not a project place-holder. Starts to feel a little more real. Combine that with some expanded info coming soon and the ability to actually see schedules and book this behemoth--it's getting downright exciting!

The hosts have changed the old thread to Oasis.

Why do we need a new thread? Just change the Genesis thread. There is already much information on the old thread that by the way is on the first page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=720742

I agree lots of good info on the original Genesis now Oasis of the Seas..hate to see it slide into oblivion.:)

Congrats to George and Jennifer! They are really nice people, we all got to meet on the Indy cruise. We didn't win the Grand Prize, but I'm truly happy for the couples that did. At least one of our names will be up on the ship! :)

Something else to get used to. We have been using the word "Genesis" for a couple of years. Old habits are hard to break!!!;)

I really liked the 'Genesis' title/name for the project and years from now when someone says or refers to Oasis class ships we will remember for a long time we called it Genesis project like Eagle Project and Ultra Voyager project :)

Something else to get used to. We have been using the word "Genesis" for a couple of years. Old habits are hard to break!!!;)

I know!!!! I think this is the hardest thing to accept about the name change! I wish the first one had just been named "Gensis" and then the future-builds would have gone with Oasis and Allure! I will get use to it though! And I can't wait to sail on her!

I don't care WHAT her name is! :D

I will get use to it though! And I can't wait to sail on her!

I don't care WHAT her name is! :D

You said it! We're gonna have a great time no matter what we call her.

Archived