All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

WE LOVE THE NAME :) Thanks for those of you that voted for Oasis & Allure! Those of you who know us - already know we love to share our wines if we have sailed together ... In honor of "Oasis of the Seas" - our vineyards "Oasis Winery", will be producing a special label for the Inaugural cruise... more info on this later! We will have it on the ship for so everyone can taste and enjoy!

Cheers!

Michaele

OASIS WINERY

IMHO, they've done the "of the seas" bit to death. They should try something else.

It's like a trademark.

As for the name, well, what can i say, it looks really appropiate, that thing is really going to be the oasis of the seas

WE LOVE THE NAME :) Thanks for those of you that voted for Oasis & Allure! Those of you who know us - already know we love to share our wines if we have sailed together ... In honor of "Oasis of the Seas" - our vineyards "Oasis Winery", will be producing a special label for the Inaugural cruise... more info on this later! We will have it on the ship for so everyone can taste and enjoy!

Cheers!

Michaele

OASIS WINERY

Very Interesting Michaele..where is your winery located?

Why did the Cruise Critic article have to point this out:

"Weister's Oasis of the Seas is also the new name for this class of ships. So heretofore, "Genesis class" is banned in place of Oasis class."

Oasis class just sounds bad, to bad they can't flip the names. The Allure class sounds much more appealing. Oasis sounds like the name of a cheap hotel by the beach or a trailer park (which happens to actually exist within my former school district) not something I want to buy a room in. The Allure Class sounds much more elegant and mysterious like a ritzy Hollywood hotel, lol.

Why did the Cruise Critic article have to point this out:

"Weister's Oasis of the Seas is also the new name for this class of ships. So heretofore, "Genesis class" is banned in place of Oasis class."

Oasis class just sounds bad, to bad they can't flip the names. The Allure class sounds much more appealing. Oasis sounds like the name of a cheap hotel by the beach or a trailer park (which happens to actually exist within my former school district) not something I want to buy a room in. The Allure Class sounds much more elegant and mysterious like a ritzy Hollywood hotel, lol.

I agree Allure sound more elegant. :)

did anyone noticed the balconies look kind of weird?

Balconies will not have sliding doors, instead, they will have a central door with large glass panels on the sides of the door.

I know some of you really like the new names but for some reason I just don't like them (not that it will stop me from cruising on them). I liked Genesis

Just went to the RCL website they still have her listed as Genesis

Awesome pics! Wow, she's really coming along.

Now that they've been officially accepted those names, I'm actually starting to like them. LOL

I was glad a fellow Michigander/Metro Detroiter won!:D

Hey Emmy,Carol and everyone else.

Good Morning Tyron... yes a a Michigander had the winning names..I consider you neighbors :)

Okay Ty I see you have another cruise booked and it is on Mariner... we are doing it again.. I am on Mariner on April 19/09 we are missing each other again on the same ship.:(

Note I did cancel my Independence Transatlantic cruise so will depend on you to tell me all about her.

have a good long weekend:)

Carol (flames): We had a different take on the C&A Freedom cruise than Emmy. Here's why: with almost 900 Diamond/Diamond Plus onboard, there were more than a few that were "entitiled" to special treatment.

The "Concierge Lounge" for the evening cocktails and Hors d'Ourves was Phaoroes Lounge and that wasn't even really big enough to hold everyone.

I cheated the frst night and tipped our waitress very well. Every night after that we sat in the same area and she was watching for us. By the time we sat down, she was there and took very good care of us for the week.

We were lucky enough to be on the first group for the free Diamond/Plus

shore excursion to Passion Beach. If you were in one of the last groups, you barely had time to eat lunch before it was time to leave.

The Platinum/Diamond/Plus lunch was a disaster. They could not replenish the food quickly enough and they had to open the second floor to have enough seating. It was a mess.

We did get some nice gifts.

We don't plan on going on any C&A cruises on any class bigger than Radiance in the future.

Just our experience.

Carol (flames): We had a different take on the C&A Freedom cruise than Emmy. Here's why: with almost 900 Diamond/Diamond Plus onboard, there were more than a few that were "entitiled" to special treatment.

The "Concierge Lounge" for the evening cocktails and Hors d'Ourves was Phaoroes Lounge and that wasn't even really big enough to hold everyone.

I cheated the frst night and tipped our waitress very well. Every night after that we sat in the same area and she was watching for us. By the time we sat down, she was there and took very good care of us for the week.

shore excursion to Passion Beach. If you were in one of the last groups, you barely had time to eat lunch before it was time to leave.

The Platinum/Diamond/Plus lunch was a disaster. They could not replenish the food quickly enough and they had to open the second floor to have enough seating. It was a mess.

We don't plan on going on any C&A cruises on any class bigger than Radiance in the future.

Just our experience.

Good points Paul ~ I agree the lunch was a disaster (that I was at being Platinum) and was the subject of some posts here on CC after we came back.

At the time we were not Diamond so no direct experience with the Diamond lounge. Did not know that you were the first group to receive a comp excursion for being Diamond on a member's cruise.

Waiting to see what pricing they will set for this ship and to see how the inaugural sailing price will differ from Freedom's

So do you think they will re work the Categories for Staterooms? add some as in the balconies overlooking Central park?

So do you think they will re work the Categories for Staterooms? add some as in the balconies overlooking Central park?

In one of the articles written about Central Park, Richard Fain made the comment that he thinks the balcony cabins overlooking CP will be just as or more popular then a normal balcony cabin. I personally don't see this but I guess time will tell and I do think that they will have a category for the CP balcony cabins and my guess is they will be priced slightly lower than an ocean view balcony. Me, I still prefer to overlook the sea.:)

Okay guessing as to when deck plans might appear anyone?

I know I will be studying of those deck plans carefully:)

They are expected to come on either June 18 with the next major "Oasis" announcement, or in August when sales begin.

Emmy: We weren't the first group to receive a comped excursion. That's always been one of the D/D+ perks on a C&A cruise.

They had so many people sign up for the Passion Island excursion, they broke us down into groups and assigne us numbers. Luckily we had number 1 and got on the island first. We got to stay the whole day before we had to go back to the ship. The last couple groups barely had time to eat lunch, let alone enjoy the beach or anything else before they had to leave. We were there for 2 or 3 hours, they were there for less than an hour.

RCI was overwhelmed by the number of C&A members on that cruise and were not prepared.

Paul, I was not a Diamond at the time but I did hear many complaints from other Diamond and Diamond Plus members that things were just too crowded. :( I think next time RCCL plan on a C&A cruise on one of the larger ships hopefully they will put even more thought into it.

As far as the popularity of the CP balconies I am willing to guess they will be popular. Most people like to try something different. And I am one of those people. I plan on trying a CP balcony.:) I for one was not sure about the promenade cabins on the Voyager class and I must say I love those cabins. If I could not have a balcony I would take a PR cabin anytime over an oceanview.:)

Hi Emmy --- Oasis vineyards are located here in Virginia. Feel free to visit us online anytime and send an email. We are near the Inn at Little Washington if you have been there.

See you on the Inaugural?

Cheers,

Michaele

When is the inaugural?

ML

The exact date has yet to be announced, but the current plans are to open the books for Oasis sometime in August, and the ship is due to be completed and delivered less than a year. Be assured that as soon as an inaugural date has been announced, you will read about it on these boards.:)

Jan: Someone was told at an M&M shortly after that , that there would be no C&A cruises on anything larger than a Radiance class. But, there are 2 member cruises coming up on Voyager class ships. I hope they plan a lot better for those than they did for the Freedom.

It would have to be something really special before we go on another one.

The exact date has yet to be announced, but the current plans are to open the books for Oasis sometime in August, and the ship is due to be completed and delivered less than a year. Be assured that as soon as an inaugural date has been announced, you will read about it on these boards.:)

I had an email earlier from Miami and it said "late August, early September" for booking to open.

The ship is due to be delivered on 10th Sept 2009 so I would guess the Inaugural could be around middle to end of Oct 2009.:D :D :D

I had an email earlier from Miami and it said "late August, early September" for booking to open.

The ship is due to be delivered on 10th Sept 2009 so I would guess the Inaugural could be around middle to end of Oct 2009.:D :D :D

I have also heard that booking will open up 2nd or last week in August. The maiden voyage of the Oasis hopefully will not be around September other wise with school starting and stuff my parents will not let me go!

Just our experience.

Paul, we were just Platinum at the time so we did enjoy what we got for the C&A cruise on Freedom and we were also Platinum on the Inaugural and for us it was not a big deal, we did think there would be more for the Inaugural sailing.....so for us the C&A was a better cruise.

Carol:)

I have also heard that booking will open up 2nd or last week in August. The maiden voyage of the Oasis hopefully will not be around September other wise with school starting and stuff my parents will not let me go!

Hi Chris :D

I would think there will be around a month of Pre-Inaugurals etc...like here in Europe and then various cities in the USA before our sailing so I think and hope you will be ok...fingers crossed for you :D

Hi Chris :D

I would think there will be around a month of Pre-Inaugurals etc...like here in Europe and then various cities in the USA before our sailing so I think and hope you will be ok...fingers crossed for you :D

I was just thinking about that! The Freedom had like 6 weeks of pre inaugurals so hopefully I’ll be in the clear! :D I will cry if im not on that ship! :D

Archived