La Concha

sunkissedpr1ncs

I'm going on the Destiny on 5/4 and am looking for a hotel to stay in the night before. I've been looking at the La Concha by Marriott...Has anyone stayed here before? Would we be able to walk to the cruise terminal from it? One site I was on said it was .4 miles from the piers, but I don't know how accurate that really is...Thanks!

Thats what I figured...what about the Sheraton, that one is walking distance, right? I'm just trying to avoid having to get a taxi to the terminal. Has anyone booked the Sheraton through Carnival? I see their rates are $110pp (So it would be $220 for us, which is better than the $295 on the Sheraton's website). IS this really the rate you get when you book it with Carnival?

Ceemom, Please tell me more about the La Concha!! How were the pools and beach. Did you eat or have a drink there? How were the prices and quality? Where there any cheap or moderate price cafes within a block or two walk? how far is the Starbucks from there? Thanks for any help!!!

La Concha was very nice. All of the rooms are ocean view and it is a spectacular view. It has a nice beach with beach chairs and palm trees. The surf is quite rough though so not great swimming. A short walk towards the Marriott Stellaris and the water is calmer. The pool is right off the lobby and it was nice. It also has two hot tubs and a very nice exercise facility with ocean views. We only ate the continental breakfast at the pool-side tables, and it was nice. There's also a restaurant on the 2nd floor. I'm sorry. I don't drink alcohol or coffee so I'm no help in that category, but there's a bar right in the lobby. There are restaurants all up and down the street it's located on. There's traditional Puerto Rican, Wendys, pizza, and bistros. There's also a Walgreens for last minute cruise items!

We really liked it and would stay there again anytime.

I'll probably get it slightly wrong but it was something like Cafe d'Angels. It's really close to La Concha. It was traditional Puerto Rican, and it was good. Chicken, rice, seafood, mafungo (sp?)--stuffed plantains. It was really reasonable $10-15 dollars. La Concha is on Ashford Avenue--it's one of the main tourist "drags", so you can get any kind of food, really.

Hope this helps.

Archived