Cribs oCL - what are they like? (Gem specifically)

amcess721

I used the search feature but didn't see anything about NCL cribs.

Our travel agent is wondering if we want to reserve a crib and I'm trying to decide that vs our PNP...

Anyone have experience with the cribs on NCL? I see a lot of posts about princess and carnival cribs, but nothing on NCL.

Thanks!

I've never cruised NCL before but did cruise RCCL recently. They had pack n plays. But NEVER again will I use a cruise line crib or hotel crib. They are GROSS! The one at our pre cruise hotel was oily and dirty and the one on the cruise line was blackened around the edges and had dried spit up and some other substance on it. We brought disinfecting wipes and tried our best to clean it up. I highly recommend bringing your own. Yea, it's one more thing to pack but I think it's worth it.

When we booked with NCL we were given the option of a crib or pack n play. We went with the pack n play, but as previous posters have said, be sure to bring your own sheets. They will only give you a standard sheet to tuck under.

As a side note, you can also request to have a high chair in the room as well. This was very convenient for us to have. I didn't think we would need it, but we used it quite a bit (especially to have breakfast in the room when our DS woke up!).

I have had quite a bit of communication with NCL about the cribs vs the pack n plays recently, This is what I have been told by NCL, the cribs are only for babies under 2yrs old and will only fit in certain cabins, example : I am in a AF mini and need the sofa for my older daughter so they tell me a crib wont fit, but it would fit if I were not using the sofa bed. If a crib does not fit they will provide a pack n play and you will only be able to get a pack n play for a child over 2yrs old (keep in mind that I did get several different answers from several reps contradicting much of this but this was the final outcome) My TA even sent an email to the ship to verify this information and this was the reply from the ship and I am on the Gem also. Since the Gem is a fairly new ship I would hope the items are still in good shape. On my last cruise they provided a pack n play and I was not aware they did not provide the proper sheets and the large sheets they provided did not stay on too well so if you will have a pack n play I would pack several of your own.

We were on the Gem and were given a pack and play for our 14 month old. It was clean and new. They use a standard sheet folded around the mat. I'd suggest brining your own sheet.

Archived