Oosterdam - Alaska Itinerary & Cabin Question

22Vines

Hi,

We are going on the Oosterdam in July and we have a couple of questions (so far). Being this is our first cruise to Alaska and on HAL, I am sure we will have more.

We are a bit confused on the true route. Some itinerary maps show the ship going from Ketchikan out into the Pacific and then down to Victoria and some show the ship going from Ketchikan down through the inside passage to Victoria. Which is right?

Also, do the outside cabins on the Main Deck have a pull across 1/2 room curtain that separates the sitting area from the bed area? The curtain is great for breaking the cabin up and letting some sleep while others aren't. On some of our past cruise ships there was a curtain and others none.

Thanks

I believe that HAL ships that sail out of Seattle do not travel the inside passage. We were on Amsterdam a few years ago, and we sailed on the ocean side of Vancouver Island both directions. I haven't been in an outside cabin, so can't answer your question about the curtain. I think I remember seeing a curtain between the bed and sofa in our veranda cabin, but am not 100% sure. Have a great cruise - we loved Alaska!

Archived