There is beach in BELIZE!!! Coral Sands Beach Resort...

beachdweller

Karen, I just read on another thread that there is no sand on Cay Caulker :eek: I don't know what to do now.....maybe I'll just go with the Beach resort.... :confused: This is my driving me nuts !!! DH doesn't even want to discuss it anymore .... he says just tell me where and when and he'll show up! :p

Hi, I had emailed Coral Sands twice and received an immediate response. I am surprised that a few of you have not. We will be there on the 21st and I will let you know how it is. I know the "sand" is crushed coral so I am not sure how great that will be. Doesn't sound like there is much to do other than relax in hammocks and such. If you are not sailing before the 25th, I give give you my review of Coral Sands Beach Resort. Anne

[quote name='MartiniMama']Karen, I just read on another thread that there is no sand on Cay Caulker :eek: I don't know what to do now.....maybe I'll just go with the Beach resort.... :confused: This is my driving me nuts !!! DH doesn't even want to discuss it anymore .... he says just tell me where and when and he'll show up! :p[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hearing to about Caye Caulker. But in my Frommer's ports of call book it says it has beaches! I have no idea. Starting to get a little worried. DD is not allowed in the pools on the ship so we were wanting to take her the beach on our 2 stops. This is getting really frustrating. At first I was excited about going here, now I'm not. Everytime I think I figured something out I hit a dead end.

I don't know why Coral Sands Resort replies to some and not others. What cruiseline are you goin on? Someone had said before that that may make a difference. I wouldn't know why but you never know.

Hi Karen,
I totally understand your frustration.....I saw some pictures of Caye Caulker last night while doing a google search and I could only describe it as a very small, old little town on the edge of the water with maybe a foot of sand around some of the shore line but alot of concrete seawalls around most of the shore line. It did not look like a great family beach place to me....(not to offend anyone .... I'm comparing it to Florida beaches ... just trying to help out another mom ... do not want to start a controversy).
Here are some photos/links I found: [url]http://www.2goglobal.com/2GoChronicals/2%20Go%20Photos/Central%20America/2_go_belize_photos.htm[/url] and another review:
[url]http://www.lifeadventures.com/caye.htm[/url]. On the other hand, these links offer more positive reviews: [url]http://www.belize-vacation.com/caye-caulker/caye-caulker.htm[/url] and [url]http://www.belizefirst.com/reader_reports/Caulker.html[/url].
I think every traveler has to figure out what is best for their family and make their plans accordingly. I just want a nice clean beach within a reasonable boat ride from the ship. I saw some photos of Goff's Caye and it looks very nice but I also read that tour operators are no longer taking people there in protest of the government's new $10/person tax....anyone else read this? I also looked at some photos of Rendezvous Key and it looks very nice so I may end up booking the ships excursion (NCL Spirit) unless I can find a cheaper tour through an independent tour operator.

I just wanted to say, I had e-mailed him a coulpe of times and didn't recieve a reply. So yesterday I went to the contact page on the web site and sent a message that way. Today recieved a reply. So for those of you getting worried( I was too, as we are leaving friday for Texas) you might try that. He sent me the info on when & where to meet. So hopefully all goes well.

[quote name='poohbear56']I just wanted to say, I had e-mailed him a coulpe of times and didn't recieve a reply. So yesterday I went to the contact page on the web site and sent a message that way. Today recieved a reply. So for those of you getting worried( I was too, as we are leaving friday for Texas) you might try that. He sent me the info on when & where to meet. So hopefully all goes well.[/QUOTE]

Tried that. Still nothing. I'm glad you got your day set up. I hope all goes well.

[quote name='MartiniMama']Hi Karen,
I totally understand your frustration.....I saw some pictures of Caye Caulker last night while doing a google search and I could only describe it as a very small, old little town on the edge of the water with maybe a foot of sand around some of the shore line but alot of concrete seawalls around most of the shore line. It did not look like a great family beach place to me....(not to offend anyone .... I'm comparing it to Florida beaches ... just trying to help out another mom ... do not want to start a controversy).
Here are some photos/links I found: [url]http://www.2goglobal.com/2GoChronicals/2%20Go%20Photos/Central%20America/2_go_belize_photos.htm[/url] and another review:
[url]http://www.lifeadventures.com/caye.htm[/url]. On the other hand, these links offer more positive reviews: [url]http://www.belize-vacation.com/caye-caulker/caye-caulker.htm[/url] and [url]http://www.belizefirst.com/reader_reports/Caulker.html[/url].
I think every traveler has to figure out what is best for their family and make their plans accordingly. I just want a nice clean beach within a reasonable boat ride from the ship. I saw some photos of Goff's Caye and it looks very nice but I also read that tour operators are no longer taking people there in protest of the government's new $10/person tax....anyone else read this? I also looked at some photos of Rendezvous Key and it looks very nice so I may end up booking the ships excursion (NCL Spirit) unless I can find a cheaper tour through an independent tour operator.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. We'll probably just end up booking something thru the ship too and hope for the best. Not sure what excursion yet. I've never had such a problem getting something set up. Your DH is like mine. He says I'm too worried about it and we'll figure it out when we get there. I like to have things planned though, especially with DD in tow. He just doesn't grasp that concept! Anyway I appreciate the links, it doesn't look like the beach I had pictured in mind so I think we'll skip it.

I finally received a reply after the 3rd try. Someone earlier hit the nail on head. It was "strongly suggested" that I book thru NCL. What I got from it was that b/c NCL offers an excursion there they can't book us independently, we must go thru NCL and pay their prices. Well, at least now I know.

[quote name='MartiniMama'] I also looked at some photos of Rendezvous Key and it looks very nice so I may end up booking the ships excursion (NCL Spirit) unless I can find a cheaper tour through an independent tour operator.[/QUOTE]

Do you know on the Rendezvous Key Beach Break excursion if you can be taken to the beach before others go out to snorkel? I'm not much interested in snorkeling. Just trying to get to a decent beach for a while.

[quote name='kfleming']Do you know on the Rendezvous Key Beach Break excursion if you can be taken to the beach before others go out to snorkel? I'm not much interested in snorkeling. Just trying to get to a decent beach for a while.[/QUOTE]

I was going to call NCL and ask them but I'm not sure they will really know or that I can trust the answer they give me. I feel like the only way to know for sure is to ask the cruise director once we get on board (you know how they have the talk about all the excursions). It almost sounds from the description that the boat is very close to the island. I would love to have it drop me off on the beach first. I'll try posting a new thread and see if anyone knows..... :confused:

P.S. Wanted to add that I read over a bunch of old threads about Rendezvous Key and it sounds as if the boat anchors just off shore and people wade/swim ashore in waist high water while the snorkelers swim off in the other direction. That settles it for me, that will work for us .... 3 1/2 hrs sounds just right, too. :)

[font=Arial]They strongly suggest that we book thru NCL due to their relationship. I then called NCL excursions and they told me I'd need to book when I'm on the ship and they couldn't confirm that this excursion was even available. They did confirm that the the snorkeling trip offered by Coral Sands was not bookable thru them at all. AGGGGGGGGH. I'm a "planner", so this is really frustrating for me.

[/font]

Just to put my two cents worth in. It took me three tries. And I am hoping to be there next Thursday. Will let people know what it is like. My last trip to Belize I did the Goff's Caye trip. It is very tiny but the water and beach are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joan

Sail on

Joanportia,

Nice to see you on the cc board again! So you leave on your cruise next week. Were you able to get a reservation at the Maruba Jungle Spa as we discussed earlier? I am still planning to go in February, and would LOVE to hear about your experience there when you get back. Can you post a review, or just a quick thread when you return?

"Thanks", and enjoy your cruise!

Annie

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name='Fadila-coralsandsbeach']For any specific information, Please feel free to email me at [email]marketing@coralsandsbelize.com[/email],

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I am trying to arrange a day at the beach at your resort. Our ship arrives on Jan 5 @ 8 am. I want to spend the whole day and return by 4pm. What do you charge for the day? Does your price include lunch? Do your tenders run continously or at certain times?

I hope you will respond. I'm posting this message here because there are more people than just me interested in a day at the beach.

PS Has anyone gotten a reply from this resort? I've E-mailed twice and not a word.

Guest Time2gocruzn
Here ya go! This is the info I was sent a few weeks ago:

[font=Arial][font=Arial][size=2]Thank you for your expressed interest in Coral Sands Beach Resort. We would be delighted to have you as our guest at the island. Please find rate details of our "Day at the beach" package as well as our "1/2 day snorkeling and 1/2 day at the beach" package:[/size][/font]

[center][font=Arial][size=2]1.“Day at the Beach”[/size][/font][/center]
[font=Arial][size=2]Discover the wonders of Water Caye's private beach at Coral Sands Beach Resort. Guest will spend a relaxing day on the white sanded shores while dinning on sumptuous local delicacies for lunch at our Beach BBQ. "Stir it up" to island music at our large open-air beach bar or slip off to a secluded area to lounge in a hammock and soak up the sun. For more active guests, beach activities such as soccer and volleyball are available free of charge. All the splendor of the Caribbean only 20 minutes away.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Includes:[/size][/font]

[list]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]Tendering of Guests to and from the Tourist Village Pier to Coral Sands Beach Resort [/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]Full lunch buffet with chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, rice, beans, salad, and fruit [/size][/font]
[*][font=Arial][size=2]One complementary tropical soft drink [/size][/font]
[/list][font=Arial][size=2]The above all inclusive package holds the following rates:[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Price per passenger: US$47 (Adult)[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]US$27(Children 12 +)[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]children under twelve are free!![/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Should you have a group of 25 people or more you will enjoy the following discounted rates instead of the above price per passenger rate:[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Full day at the beach[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]with lunch - US$38 adults & US$32 children over 12[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]without lunch - US$33 Adults & US$18 children over 12[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]1/2 day at the beach[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]with lunch - US$20 adults & US$12 children over 12[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]without lunch - US$17 adults & US$11 children over 12[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][b]The above package may apply to whoever wants to just stay at the beach.[/b][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]The following is the rate details for the "1/2 day snorkeling and 1/2 day beach" package:[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]

[center][b][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]. Snorkeling at the Barrier Reef & 1/2 Day on the Beach[/size][/font][/b][/center]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Come explore Belize's hidden treasures at Sargents Caye on the barrier reef. Swim alongside southern rays, nurse sharks, and other tropical rarities in the morning or afternoon, while enjoying the other half of your day on the beach at Coral Sands Beach Resort. Each tour provides ample time for guests to have a swim, lounge in a hammock and enjoy a delicious beach BBQ lunch.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Includes: [/size][/font]

[list]
[*][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Tendering of Guests to and from the Tourist Village Pier to Coral Sands Beach Resort [/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Tendering of Guests to and from the island to the snorkeling site [/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Snorkeling Gear: mask, tube, fins, life jacket[/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Full lunch buffet with chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, rice, beans, salad, and fruit[/size][/font]
[*][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]One complimentary tropical soft drink[/size][/font]
[/list]
[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]This all inclusive package holds the following rates:[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Price per passenger: US$61 adult & US$46 children 12+[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Should you have a group of 25 persons or more to take this package you may enjoy the following discounted group rates instead of the above stated price per passenger rate:[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][b][u]Group rates[/u][/b]:[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]with lunch - US$49 adult & US$37 children between 12-16[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]without lunch - US$44 & US$32 children between 12-16[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Details of the Snorkeling Tour as follows:[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]a.. it is done on Seargent's Caye which is a tiny island located one mile (five minute boat ride) away from Coral Sands
b.. The tour lasts approximately one hour and a half
c.. The boat we take out there is a 38ft boat, can fit 35 people, half covered, with an under water level dive ladder and platform
d.. There will be one guide for every 15 passengers as according to safety guidelines. Should the group include snorkelers at the[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]beginners stage: That poses absolutely no problem. Before the tour, the guide will give everyone a briefing/crash course on [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]exactly what to do and how to do it.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][b]Please note: There is no minimum group size for package one however there is a minimum group size for package two. We must have at least 8 people for the snorkeling tour.As for the snorkeling tour, we require a minimum of 10 people. This tour must be pre-arranged with us as you make your reservations. The only way to accommodate a couple or so that have not pre-arranged for a snorkeling tour is if there is a trip planned with another group and there is space with them. Only then we would allow that the tour be taken.[/b]

[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]Any additional charges you may incur ONLY ON REQUEST would probably be as follows: Alcoholic drinks at our full service Reef bar, floating mat rental for the entire day at $5 each, or souvenir purchase at our giftshop. There are no other charges you may incur otherwise.

Our reservation procedure goes as follows: You make your reservations with us with number of people, name of your group, cruiseline you will be with , package you wish to purchase and time of arrival, we pick you up at the Tourist Village Pier in Belize city where the cruise ship tenders drop you off. The trip from the pier to Coral Sands takes 20 minutes. Payment for your visit is made upon arrival or as a prepayment, at your convenience.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Exact place of pick up at the Tourist village will be emailed to you closer to your time of arrival, of course after you have made your reservation. Pick up time is not fixed as our tender boats are at the pick up spot from before the Cruise Ships arrive. We unfortunately do not make several trips throughout the day to and from the island. We have a set time for a group to be out there: a specific time for arrival and for departure. [/size][/font]

There is no minimum group size for package one however there is a minimum group size for package two. We must have at least 8 people for the snorkeling tour.As for the snorkeling tour, we require a minimum of 10 people. This tour must be pre-arranged with us as you make your reservations. The only way to accommodate a couple or so that have not pre-arranged for a
snorkeling tour is if there is a trip planned with another group and there is space with them. Only then we would allow that the tour be taken.

[font=Arial][size=2]I hope I have answered your questions adequately. Please feel free to contact me if anything is not clear or if you have any further questions. I look forward to making your reservation.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Best regards,[/size][/font]

[center][size=2][font=Arial][font=Amazone BT]Fadila Jundi[/font][/font][/size]
[/center]
[/font]

Hi... I received the exact same email from Fadilia at the CSBR, and I questioned why their snorkel/beach excursion is $61 when you can book it through NCL for $55. The response I got was that we have to book it through NCL - can't book directly through CSBR. Strange. $47 seems like a LOT just to sit on a beach and use a lounge.

Guest Time2gocruzn
[quote name='mortypro']we are going to be on in belize in jan with our 2 year old grandson
has anyone gone there with a child this young[/QUOTE]
Haven't been there but have corresponded several times w/ them. I too am taking a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Told them this, and he said they (kids) were more than welcome there.

As far as the $6 difference, they are currently in negotiations with cruiselines. This is probably just a discounted rate they offer to that cruiseline, to get their business.

Honestly, what are my other options here? I really don't want to spend almost 2 hours of my day on a water taxi getting to one of the other cayes with 2 small kids, although they do look beautiful. The ride to this place is 20 minutes, is included in the price, as is lunch.

My only question is, I have read here that the sand there is crushed coral, not sand. What is that like? Can my kids play in it? Is it sharp or hard on the feet? Anyone know?

Also I really want to snorkel in Belize. My only problem is if I commit to this (CSBR), what if I get there and there are not enough people that want to snorkle, so I don't get to do it at all? But on the other hand, I can't really take a long snorkeling excursion w/ another tour/excursion w/ small kids, either. Was hoping to do it here so I could leave kids w/ gma and gpa on the beach. AAARG! HELP ME! LOL!:eek: :D I refuse to believe this is a wasted port.

Thanks!

So, CSBR says we have to book through NCL, and the only excursion NCL offers is a beach/snorkel combo. We only want to do the beach. Grrrr. Any ideas how we can get to CSBR and do the beach only?

Are there any other beaches (besides CSBR and Cay Caulker) that are easy to get to? We really want to do a beach day without snorkelling on a boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived