There is beach in BELIZE!!! Coral Sands Beach Resort...

beachdweller

Port-a-Princess, how much was the cost of your kayaking? Did it also include the food and the beach time?

Is it possible to snorkel off of the beach? Is the beach under the water right off of the beach rocky, smooth sand, growing with any plants, or some combinations. When you went swimming, did you see any fish?

Were there beach chairs? If there were, were they the sand chairs or the lounge chair type? Were there umbrellas at the beach chairs?

Kathy

Hey kathy,

As I said, The kayaking was $15 an hour and I kayaked for two hours costing me $30....that was for the kayaking alone. I paid 47 that included tendering, my time at the beach, and lunch. I don't know for sure about the snorkeling however i was told that it is done on some island close by. I didn't see anyone snorkeling by the beach. So I am not exactly sure about that.

The beach has coconut trees spread out. The sand is hard and has crumbled corals mixed in it. I was told thats why they called the place Coral Sands. There are hammocks, beach chairs and thatch huts (just as good as umbrellas) spread throughout the beach. The chairs were lounge type I guess. The chairs are set under the thatch huts.

I hope this answers all your question. i gotta get back to work now so I'll check back later if u have any more questions.

Port-a-princess

Hi, I have been following this post and still can't figure out if this resort is worth it. We just found out a week ago that we will be going to Belize on a Oct., 3rd sailing. We have decided to use the water taxis that are located where the ship tendering spot is. We found the web site on someone elses postunder the Belize heading. It is $17.50 roundtrip to Caye Caulker and some other places. They have taxis going all day long. As far as we can see there are beaches there, shopping and restaurants/bars. If I am wrong on this would someone let us know.

Thanks so much.

Vanessa

Port-a-Princess, apparently we are posting at about the same time on these latest posts. You posted your earlier reply to me just as I was posting my response. The two posts appeared only two minutes apart. When I saw you had tried to answer at least some of my questions, I revised my post to you to remove the language explaining that your posts need to contain more than just an endorsement and contact information in order to be credible. Instead I posted to ask you some more questions about the resort. Ironically you had immediately responded to my post and picked up that language which I had already eliminated in your response (which I didn't see until my revised post appeared.)

I had read the posts you had made earlier this morning and noted at that time that you were still on the board, since your name appeared below. You left the board without answering the specific questions that I and others had asked about your experiences there. I waited for approximately one hour and when it didn't appear you you coming back, I posted my reply to which you have taken offense.

I am not one of the posters on CC that flame or automatically doubt those with few posts. But there are many who do. My post to you was not meant to offend, but to explain why you needed to post more specific information. None of us know you, so when you endorse a resort without giving any specifics, you don't give us any basis on which to evaluate your recommendation.

In addition, many of us do want to know the specifics first hand from those who have been there, not just to rely on the vendor's explanation. That is why there are so many questions posted throughout CC asking questions about various tours and island facilities.

If you look on this thread, you will see that I am the one that contacted the resort directly and obtained information from them about the resort, (including the price list they gave me) that I posted on this board, but I stated in my posts that I had not been there and wanted to obtain information/reviews from those who had been there.

My correspondence with them had been positive, but posts like yours and some of the others who have posted here for the first time on this board that endorsed but didn't give any specifics about their experiences raised a cloud.

I do appreciate your answering some of the questions I and others have asked. It is helpful. Hopefully others who post on CC who do go to this resort will post reviews of their experiences also.

Kathy

Port-a-Princess, apparently we are posting at about the same time on these latest posts. You posted your earlier reply to me just as I was posting my response. The two posts appeared only two minutes apart. When I saw you had tried to answer at least some of my questions, I revised my post to you to remove the language explaining that your posts need to contain more than just an endorsement and contact information in order to be credible. Instead I posted to ask you some more questions about the resort. Ironically you had immediately responded to my post and picked up that language which I had already eliminated in your response (which I didn't see until my revised post appeared.)

I had read the posts you had made earlier this morning and noted at that time that you were still on the board, since your name appeared below. You left the board without answering the specific questions that I and others had asked about your experiences there. I waited for approximately one hour and when it didn't appear you you coming back, I posted my reply to which you have taken offense.

I am not one of the posters on CC that flame or automatically doubt those with few posts. But there are many who do. My post to you was not meant to offend, but to explain why you needed to post more specific information. None of us know you, so when you endorse a resort without giving any specifics, you don't give us any basis on which to evaluate your recommendation.

In addition, many of us do want to know the specifics first hand from those who have been there, not just to rely on the vendor's explanation. That is why there are so many questions posted throughout CC asking questions about various tours and island facilities.

If you look on this thread, you will see that I am the one that contacted the resort directly and obtained information from them about the resort, (including the price list they gave me) that I posted on this board, but I stated in my posts that I had not been there and wanted to obtain information/reviews from those who had been there.

My correspondence with them had been positive, but posts like yours and some of the others who have posted here for the first time on this board that endorsed but didn't give any specifics about their experiences raised a cloud.

I do appreciate your answering some of the questions I and others have asked. It is helpful. Hopefully others who post on CC who do go to this resort will post reviews of their experiences also.

Kathy

Hey Kathy,

Thank you for your honesty. I didn't take offense to your message. I do understand your concern,however, I was just stating my personal opinion of this place . I am sorry that I am new to chatrooms and not very aware of what might raise eyebrows.

I am just a cruiser passing on a word on a good place.

Port-a-princess

I am alittle confused about the water taxi.. Is there one from Explorer of the Seas that takes you to Coral Sands Resort or do we have to book a private one? I would love to go but I just want to go a lay at the beach in the afternoon and not book an excursion that goes there.

I am alittle confused about the water taxi.. Is there one from Explorer of the Seas that takes you to Coral Sands Resort or do we have to book a private one? I would love to go but I just want to go a lay at the beach in the afternoon and not book an excursion that goes there.

Hey Crockett,

They don't have water taxis going to Coral Sands. You have to contact them and book so you can be picked up at the tourist village pier where the cruise ship tender boat lets you off. You can definitely enjoy a day at the beach without any excursions. I've seen that a part of their package.

hope that helps,

Port-a-princess

I sent an email to CSBR from the above website, and just received the following replies from them:

If you tell me your timetable I will take you there. It will take approx. 15

minutes from the Tourist Village to get there.

Belize does not have a terminal, the transport you from the cruise ship to

the mainland. I think its the "Tourist Village. From there I would meet you

and take you to Water Caye.

Fred

Imagine Tours Ltd.

Belize, C.A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry missed your reply earlier.

We will be able to do that for you. We will meet you at the Tourist Village

on your return, take you aboard the 'Imagine' for a quick stop at the

resort, and back to the Village or your ship. Please find out if we can

take you directly to the ship, or do you have to be brought aboard via your

designated tender.

Later I will forward a cell phone number to let us know you have arrived,

and set up actual schedules for you. Are you travelling alone, if not how

many in your group?

Please keep in touch

Fred.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are on time, latest 2:30 pm, it will take approx. 40 min. round trip,

if we are in a hurry, you will be able to take pictures from the boat

without a stop. Not to worry about a cost at this time. As soon as we can

get you a phone number I will let you know.

Fred

Hello to all Cruisers,

On behalf of Corals Sands Beach Resort, I wish to clarify information posted on this thread about tenders, activities or rates. I was made aware of your inquiries through a cruiser and decided to make a presence in an effort to clear up all confusion.

yES ZETA YOU WERE RIGHT!!! :)

We are relatively new and in negotiations with the cruiselines to do so as soon as possible. The arrangement is as follows: You make your reservations with us with number of people, name of group and time of arrival, we pick you up at the Tourist Village Pier in Belize city where the cruise ship tenders drop you off. The trip from the pier to Coral Sands takes 20 minutes. I apologize for the misinformation on the website about cruise ship pick ups. This information HAS BEEN CHANGED AND WEBSITE UPDATED.

Payment for your visit is made upon arrival or as a prepayment, at your convenience.

also Kathy, what we consider excursions are the snorkeling and the kayaking. But you still have to pay for a day at the beach. Port-a-princess is right!!! as I've shown you, day at the beach is one of the packages we offer. :)

IF ANYONE HAS ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS TO THE RESORT PLEASE DO WRITE OR EMAIL ME AT MARKETING@CORALSANDSBELIZE.COM. I will be following this thread regularly.

Thank you,

Fadila

Fadila, thank you for posting here and clearing up some of the confusion. Do you serve alcoholic drinks? I am posting here rather than emailing because there may be others who would like the information as well. Thanks Again!

Hi there Linkslady,

I am glad to be of help to everyone. As stated on our website we have a full service Reef bar that serves Alcoholic drinks to be purchased A La Cart.

If you have any further questions, let me know and I'll be checking in every few minutes. :)

Regards,

Fadila

I sent you an e-mail but thought I'd put it out here, too, since so many people are interested. I have a few more questions:

1) Is there a charge for kayaks?

2) Is there good snorkeling available off shore or do you need to do the snorkel trip?

3) We are a family of 4 and are interested in the snorkel trip but I know you require a 10 person minimum. Could we "sign up" so that if you do get at least 10 people we can go?

Thanks for your help!

I sent you an e-mail but thought I'd put it out here, too, since so many people are interested. I have a few more questions:

2) Is there good snorkeling available off shore or do you need to do the snorkel trip?

3) We are a family of 4 and are interested in the snorkel trip but I know you require a 10 person minimum. Could we "sign up" so that if you do get at least 10 people we can go?

Thanks for your help!

Dear eastexascruiser,

Allow me to answer your questions...

now when you say a charge for kayaks....the kayak package prices apply as stated on the website, however, if you are asking just to the use the kayaks just infront of the island without a guide through our trails then you pay for the day at the beach and for the kayaks, it will be US$15 PER HOUR FOR A DOUBLE KAYAK AND US$10 PER HOUR FOR A SINGLE KAYAK.

YES YOU COULD DEFINITELY SIGN UP JUST IN CASE FOR THE SNORKELING TRIP. JUST LET ME KNOW SO I MAY MAKE ARRANGEMENTS.

Best regards,

Fadila

Thanks for your help!

Also you cannot snorkel off the shore, you need to take the snorkel package.

Fadila

fadila,

I am also anxious to know if you offer a continuous back & fourth water taxi service to/from the cruise ship dock. I have alreay booked the Maruba Jungle spa excursion, and am due back at the tender dock between 2:00-2:30. I would LOVE to be able to hop a taxi over to your resort , but am concerned if there will be enough time.

Please post a reply here as to the schedule of transportation to/from the tender dock. Also . . . is it neccessary to make these arrangements ahead of time, or can we catch a taxi at our liesure?

Thanks SO much for posting here & clearing up all our questions.

Guest Time2gocruzn
Does anyone know if small children are welcome here? I wonder if the OP happened to see any while she was there. I e-mailed them to see if this is a place where children are welcome, or if it is more of an adult destination. I also asked for child rates as well.

ctbrehm-I have also sent a couple emails, got nothing! I'm now trying to make other arrangements. Not sure what to do with our 1 year old. We're just looking for a beach day but are having trouble. Most places seem to take quite a while to get to. Not sure if that would work very well for her. Any other suggestions?

Our ship will now be in Belize instead of Cayman and & just found out that NCL offers an excursion to the Coral Sands. I guess this is why we may not be hearing from them. It's listed as the Belizean Beach Day. I ignored it until I saw your posts. I'm sure it would costs less if we didn't book thru NCL.

I have been spending days trying to figure out the right tour for my family of 5 which includes a 4 year old. I had originally planned on the Shark Ray Alley Tour through Coral Breeze but they are not available on the day we are in port. Then I thought about the Xtreme Kids Cave Tubing but decided against that after I heard from Marvin at EcoTours who said he wouldn't take his kids on that tour at that age. I thought about Coral Sands Resort but $47 for a beach chair and hamburger seems a little high. I think I am going to take the water taxi over to Caye Caulker.... $17.50/person round trip to an island with a beach, restaurants and shopping sounds like the best deal for our family. (kids under 5 are free, kids 5-10 are half price) Here is the link to the taxi service: [url]http://www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/pages/1/index.htm[/url]
Does anyone have any other suggestions for a family friendly excursion? (One that does not involve long car/bus or boat rides :( )

Thanks for the suggestion MartiniMama, I'm going to check it out. I agree $47 bucks is pricey. But if it was convenient for DD I'd pay it. Hopefully we'll all get something worked out. I'm running out of time, we're leaving Saturday!

[quote name='ctbrehm']Our ship will now be in Belize instead of Cayman and & just found out that NCL offers an excursion to the Coral Sands. I guess this is why we may not be hearing from them. It's listed as the Belizean Beach Day. I ignored it until I saw your posts. I'm sure it would costs less if we didn't book thru NCL.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that NCL had an excursion there either. It sounds like you don't just spend the day at Coral Sands though, unless I'm misunderstanding. The problem I'm having is that it seems most of the tours are for the day. I need something just for a few hours. Depending on how DD is feeling I need to be able to get back to the ship. I was hoping to find something where we could go and come back when we were ready instead of having to wait until a certain time. Don't know if that's going to happen or not!

Archived