Cruisin over Thanksgiving????

spivey

Hi,

I just wanted to see if I could get some advice. We're planning our 4th cruise and looking at Thanksgiving week (due to the fact that the kids could do it and only miss 2-3 days of school). Those of you that have cruised Thanksgiving week, was it fun? Did they have anything special on board for Thanksgiving? We're looking at the Miracle 8 day southern Caribbean out of FLL or the Glory 7 day Eastern Caribbean out of Port Canaveral. These are 2 ships that we've never been on and would like your opinions. The Miracle goes to 3 islands that we've never visited (St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten) but it has 4 sea days. I'm not sure I'd like that many sea days? The Glory goes to St. Thomas (which I love) St. Maarten (never been) and Nassau (It's ok) and has 3 sea days. What would you experts recommend? THANKS!

I've been to all of these islands and love them all...I personally like 4 sea days, its all what you prefer. There are some pretty neat things to see in St. Lucia. St. Martin has great beaches. I personally used to hate Nassau, but was just there in December and really had a good time! If you like greek food there is an awesome greek restaurant down town. Great shopping as well.

I cruised this past Thanksgiving on Celebrity. We had traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We had a few non-Americans at our table, so we had fun explaining to them the meaning behind the holiday.

St. Lucia and St. Kitts are two of my favorite islands. St. Lucia has the rain forest and the volcanio that are a must do! St. Kitts has a train that takes you around the island. You get to see both the Caribbean and the Atlantic side of the islands. If you do this, make sure you get at the front of the train. As you can see the monkeys and such as they run off the track.

If you are interested in seeing some pictures, check out my pictures link at the bottom of my post.

St. Maarten is a mixture of an island. You get alot of the shopping like you have in St. Thomas with a European flair. You can experiance the Dutch and/or the French side. The ships dock at the Dutch side of the island. I have only done the shopping on the Dutch side, so I'm thinking of going out and seeing what new I can find to do.

As for your sea days. I HATED them! But I have come to enjoy them. If I want to keep busy there is something going on that I can do. If I want to take the day and do nothing, then I can do that. I use it as a day to do what I want!

Thanks for all the replies. How about the ships? Any input on whether or not the miracle or the glory is better? I will be traveling with 4 kids (ages 7-19). The last time we took them we were on the Valor and they had a great time. I know the Miracle is a smaller ship - does it have enough for kids? I actually don't know anything about the Glory???? Thanks!!!!

We have booked our family for Thanksgiving aboard the Miracle. Both ships have good points. Miracle is my favorite ship so far, easy to get around. However, for the Glory I will say it has the fish and chips and that I love. Also, we love sea days, so relaxing. Any ship over Thanksgiving will have plenty of kids onboard.

spivey We just booked the same week because of the kids in school.We are trying the legend because it has 4 port days .It goes to Belize,

Cozumel,Grand caymen and Roatan.

That's a great cruise! We did that itinerary on the Valor and my family loved it. I know you'll have a great time!

We have booked our family for Thanksgiving aboard the Miracle. Both ships have good points. Miracle is my favorite ship so far, easy to get around. However, for the Glory I will say it has the fish and chips and that I love. Also, we love sea days, so relaxing. Any ship over Thanksgiving will have plenty of kids onboard.

Muumuu,

Looks like we might be joining you. With the sale this Thursday we can get a great price on the cabins. Sooo...Miracle, here we come!!!! WOOHOO!

We did the Miracle and our kids 9 & 16 at the time both loved it, Camp Carnival, Pools, Water slides, Pizza & Ice Cream, Stage Shows. They didn't stop for a minute.

We leave on the Glory in 18 days so I'll let you know about that one. As for the sea days, we picked the Glory for this one because it had more sea days that the other cruise we were looking at. It's a time to be pampered, cocktails by the pool, a good book, Ipod in my ears, trivia games, game shows, cocktails by the pool.

While I love the excursions they end up costing us more than one of the cruise fares, so staying on the ship and having cocktails by the pool saves me money! Wow, my DW theory of buying something because it's on sale so she saved me money may actually have merit (don't tell her I said that.)

Archived