Jade staying overseas anyone heard anything

catlady461

Fam I understand completely! My kiddos are 5 and 7. If I didn't have the luxury of being self - employed and homeschooling, I'd be beating the same drum.

Hey did you see that girl posting about how much empathy she has shown to those who got hosed on the Spirit fiasco... When was that? lol! She and her friends have about as much compassion and kindness as Atilla the Hun.

I saw a lot of what was written and there was a lot there, but I sure didn't see anything even close to empathy.

<HUG> How's that?

• Administrators

Based on this thread -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=723229 -- and NCL's downright sleazy behavior over bookings on the Pride of Aloha/Pride of America in Hawaii the last few weeks, before the "Tah Dah! We're so great!" press release -- if I were booked on the Jade and were getting the "no cabins available for your party size (2) on those dates" messages -- I'd be looking for a different cruise. I agree with the "sniff test" some are using -- something's up.

That message is often used if a cruise is legitimately sold out (like our Volendam cruise this summer) -- but it's unlikely in the extreme that the Jade (and only the Jade) is sold out for those months.

Fam I understand completely! My kiddos are 5 and 7. If I didn't have the luxury of being self - employed and homeschooling, I'd be beating the same drum.

Hey did you see that girl posting about how much empathy she has shown to those who got hosed on the Spirit fiasco... When was that? lol! She and her friends have about as much compassion and kindness as Atilla the Hun.

I saw a lot of what was written and there was a lot there, but I sure didn't see anything even close to empathy.

I actually had never been there, until you told me what to google. When I started reading the thread, I felt as if I was being mocked. Sometimes things are written and misread, but reading the whole thread there was no compassion at all. We are not whining. We are venting our frustration. Unfortunately NCL strikes 2 times in my life in a matter of 3 weeks. I can move past the Jade, maybe not enough to book NCL for that week. I do dislike that they held my $1,600 deposit for 8 months, and that I am giving up a great rate for 10 days with no airfare. I have enough time to find something else. I am just rolling my eyes to what NCL is doing with this move. Not to rehash, but the Spirit itinerary changes with such short notice on a Spring break ( airfare hell) week - was wrong.

I really would love to know what NCL is going to do for all the people who bought airfare for the Jade. That would be the Transatlantic and the whole month of December and few weeks into January sailings. The ironic thing is that I actually THANKED NCL for bringing the Jade to NY on my email when I complained about the Spirit changes.

I actually had never been there, until you told me what to google. When I started reading the thread, I felt as if I was being mocked. Sometimes things are written and misread, but reading the whole thread there was no compassion at all. We are not whining. We are venting our frustration. Unfortunately NCL strikes 2 times in my life in a matter of 3 weeks. I can move past the Jade, maybe not enough to book NCL for that week. I do dislike that they held my $1,600 deposit for 8 months, and that I am giving up a great rate for 10 days with no airfare. I have enough time to find something else. I am just rolling my eyes to what NCL is doing with this move. Not to rehash, but the Spirit itinerary changes with such short notice on a Spring break ( airfare hell) week - was wrong.

I really would love to know what NCL is going to do for all the people who bought airfare for the Jade. That would be the Transatlantic and the whole month of December and few weeks into January sailings. The ironic thing is that I actually THANKED NCL for bringing the Jade to NY on my email when I complained about the Spirit changes.

Family, I cannot be responsible for what other people wrote. I'm very sorry you and MrsLeo choose to not believe me when I say I was trying to be empathetic. I started to post the very same thing here but I was afraid it would get mis-read; well, the same thing ended up happening in the end anyway. Yes, if I were you, I would DEFINITELY be getting paranoid about somehow being targeted, for this to happen twice in such a short period of time. But I guess there's nothing I can say to convince anyone of this, as MrsLeo seems to think me irredeemable for reasons she won't help me understand.

Family, I cannot be responsible for what other people wrote. I'm very sorry you and MrsLeo choose to not believe me when I say I was trying to be empathetic. I started to post the very same thing here but I was afraid it would get mis-read; well, the same thing ended up happening in the end anyway. Yes, if I were you, I would DEFINITELY be getting paranoid about somehow being targeted, for this to happen twice in such a short period of time. But I guess there's nothing I can say to convince anyone of this, as MrsLeo seems to think me irredeemable for reasons she won't help me understand.

I am not here to fight. I am tired of all this NCL garbage. I guess because I just got back from vacation, I am on a more relaxed mode then when the Spirit news hit me. Lets let this go. We should get mad at NCL for having no consideration to their loyal customers. I truely was a LOYAL NCL passenger!

We should get mad at NCL for having no consideration to there loyal customers.

You won't get any disagreement from me on that! The customers should be the first ones notified, instead of this game-playing NCL likes to do with the reservation system in advance of any pubic announcement that seems to have become their modus operandi.

Family my take is that they intend to raise the price on the Gem and pressure people into booking on that ship instead, which is precisely what the gal on the phone at NCL tried to do tonight when I called to inquire about booking the Jade and it was unavailable.

As for this other "to do" about a whole lot of nothingness, if those ridiculing, demeaning insecure people despise all of us and this site so much, why do they all keep coming over here cutting posts from here then pasting them there? This logic evades me? Why would anyone willfully choose to be around such misery? A lady I respect very much once said something to the effect of "Tell me who your friends are, and I can tell you who you are" It is not for me to choose who is redeemable or not. That is for a much higher power, that's not my call.

• Administrators
You won't get any disagreement from me on that! The customers should be the first ones notified, instead of this game-playing NCL likes to do with the reservation system in advance of any pubic announcement that seems to have become their modus operandi.

I can agree with that, even if I don't know what this little undercurrent of "byplay" about another board, and empathy, is about. I really do think NCL has decided on a way to handle these situations which is basically idiotic in the internet world. Like everyone doesn't know what they are doing, and comparing notes? Something's up with the Jade (a ship we hugely enjoyed as the Pride of Hawaii) -- I hope NCL just issues a mea culpa and makes it apparent what it is soon. :(

Family my take is that they intend to raise the price on the Gem and pressure people into booking on that ship instead, which is precisely what the gal on the phone at NCL tried to do tonight when I called to inquire about booking the Jade and it was unavailable.

As for this other "to do" about a whole lot of nothingness, if those ridiculing, demeaning insecure people despise all of us and this site so much, why do they all keep coming over here cutting posts from here then pasting them there? This logic evades me? Why would anyone willfully choose to be around such misery? A lady I respect very much once said something to the effect of "Tell me who your friends are, and I can tell you who you are" It is not for me to choose who is redeemable or not. That is for a much higher power, that's not my call.

And again, you seem to have confused me with someone else. So I would seriously appreciate it if you would stop attacking me. You can try to mask it all you like behind language of "those people," but you, me and everyone else who reads here regularly knows that these attacks have been aimed at me. Surely YOU have something better to do with your time?

NCL can not sell the Gem to me - NO WAY will I ever do the 7 night FL Bahamas sailing again! When I booked this I was thrilled. For once NCL had a 10 day during a school break. NCL will not do anything for anyone, if they gave an incentive , I would do the the 9 night Pearl and get airfare. Since they do not want to do the RIGHT thing, I am taking my money elsewhere. Unlike the Spirit I have plenty of choices here without paying alot more.

I can agree with that, even if I don't know what this little undercurrent of "byplay" about another board, and empathy, is about. I really do think NCL has decided on a way to handle these situations which is basically idiotic in the internet world. Like everyone doesn't know what they are doing, and comparing notes? Something's up with the Jade (a ship we hugely enjoyed as the Pride of Hawaii) -- I hope NCL just issues a mea culpa and makes it apparent what it is soon. :(

The thing is, Michelle, now that NCL has established this as their play book for how to deal with big changes -- e.g., pulling the Pride of Aloha from Hawaii -- I don't think the loyal customer base should be quick to forgive and forget. This is a shabby way to do business. I don't know that a mea culpa would cut it for me this time.

• Administrators
NCL can not sell the Gem to me - NO WAY will I ever do the 7 night FL Bahamas sailing again! When I booked this I was thrilled. For once NCL had a 10 day during a school break. NCL will not do anything for anyone, if they gave an incentive , I would do the the 9 night Pearl and get airfare. Since they do not want to do the RIGHT thing, I am taking my money elsewhere. Unlike the Spirit I have plenty of choices here without paying alot more.

Family of 4, I do hope that all works out for you, and glad it seems it will be doable in your budget and time frame. For the rest of this thread.... I bought the "black helicopters" to a certain point (and still believe they may be there and Jade's temporary-to-permanent repositioning will be announced and confirmed as a "temporary" change)... but I'm outta oomph to keep trying to figure out the straw men and wisps in the posts here. Ultimately, they just make me give up. I hope Jade adheres to what NCL SAID she'd do... and that if she doesn't everyone is made whole or has time to create an equally great vacation.

• Administrators
The thing is, Michelle, now that NCL has established this as their play book for how to deal with big changes -- e.g., pulling the Pride of Aloha from Hawaii -- I don't think the loyal customer base should be quick to forgive and forget. This is a shabby way to do business. I don't know that a mea culpa would cut it for me this time.

Well, I agree with that. I've never been a big apologist for NCL -- it took me six years to try them again after our first shot in '97, and I'm by no means loyal now -- though they earned some points from me with our NCLA cruise this past summer.

I guess it's just that overall I'm an optimist... I'm still hoping that after that debacle of how they hid and dodged the NCLA decisions, this current one with the Jade isn't the same vein. I never said I was optimistic about that, though, and in fact have posted a few places today that I smell a rat. :(

Becky honey, build a bridge and get over it. Stop bothering me, stop looking for absolution. You're the one calling me "Passive Aggressive"

Who is attacking who? I would address you in your home forum, but freedom of speech only applies there to your friends. I am on a "time out" for expressing my "freedom of speech"

I love irony!

I am here discussing the Jade situation with other's who are affected by this change.

• Administrators
Michell were you the gal that was moving to Europe or am I confusing you with someone else?

Me? :) Nah, I lived in Europe as a teenager (graduated from high school in Germany in mumble, mumble, seven) but I'm a Georgia gal now until I retire. Then I'm heading to Hawaii as fast as the airlines will let me, and (thankfully) bringing my SO, who agrees with me :)

That is very cool, I just remember a gal, but I think her screen name was MichelleP with an "e" and she was getting ready to move to London. Some folks asked about her a while back, so I thought I'd enquire, hope you don't mind.

So are you booked on the Jade right now? If so when? I can't believe me and Family of 4 are having to deal with more of this garbage again. We were on pins and needles over the Spirit for what seemed like an eternity. Now here we go again, oh well I am taking a trip to Europe with or without the Jade. If NCL doesn't want my money, I am sure someone else over there will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by montycjv viewpost.gif

if they are true..I want to find something on another cruise line....we will be done with NCL....especailly during holiday week, where the prices and room will fill up fast!![/i]

You might want to consider booking something to set your mind at ease. Then if this turns out to be true, you're set. If this turns out to be much ado about nothing, just cancel the new backup booking and get a refund.

But remember, any cruiseline can (and does) change itineraries at the drop of a hat. Frankly, I'd wait a bit and find out if it's fact or fiction.

Good luck with whatever you all decide.

• Administrators
That is very cool, I just remember a gal, but I think her screen name was MichelleP with an "e" and she was getting ready to move to London. Some folks asked about her a while back, so I thought I'd enquire, hope you don't mind.

So are you booked on the Jade right now? If so when? I can't believe me and Family of 4 are having to deal with more of this garbage again. We were on pins and needles over the Spirit for what seemed like an eternity. Now here we go again, oh well I am taking a trip to Europe with or without the Jade. If NCL doesn't want my money, I am sure someone else over there will.

No, we aren't booked on Jade right now. We sailed her as POH last summer (she's a great ship, in our view, by the way), and she's on our very short list for Europe in '10 and beyond. But '08 and '09 for us are dedicated to Alaska (by sea and on land in separate trips), and a Norwegian Dawn getaway for spring break '09. I guess mostly I chimed in on this one for two reasons. First, I watch Hawaii on NCL (and other lines) all the time, and the way NCL handled that BS "pulling from the market" on Pride of Am and Pride of Aloha kind of ticked me off. Second, I saw some folks I'd talked to before on the boards (like about the Spirit itinerary change, where I sort of felt "hey, they couldn't help it, they ran out their options," and so on) This situation is different -- just wanted folks like Famof4 to know I actually DO understand that, and on this one you have my thoughts and good wishes that it works out as you want!

Michelle that is sweet! Really you know you're right to a great degree about the Spirit, I think the biggest frustration is that they waited too long to notify us of the changes. After doing the math I knew there was no way they could do our itinerary. But hey our repo was hardly affected compared to those who lost St. Thomas.

I currently have four cruises booked two are NCL and those are the only ones that are giving me trouble. I hope NCL thinks they are going to get rid of us as easily as they did the Spirit Cruise. They had better offer more than just the option to cancel this.

I hope my next cruise after these will be Hawaii. Unless they get their act together, it probably won't be on NCL.

I think we all deserve more respect then NCL is giving us- may it be our first NCL cruise( which this situation would be a complete turn off to me), or the frequent loyal NCL passenger. I am not saying I want anything from NCL, but NCL should show some good business practice here. I would not turn my back on NCL if they show some respect IF I wanted to book something else with them for that week. I am leaning on the RCCL AOS ( I already left a deposit), but they can redeem themselves. I just do not think they care, which is the part that gets me mad. The price has gone up since I booked 8 months ago, the fuel charge was not implemented 8 months ago, now I have to get airfare. So many factors will go into my decision. Like I said - no anger here just a great disappointment in the way NCL is handling the situation.

Michelle that is sweet! Really you know you're right to a great degree about the Spirit, I think the biggest frustration is that they waited too long to notify us of the changes. After doing the math I knew there was no way they could do our itinerary. But hey our repo was hardly affected compared to those who lost St. Thomas.

I currently have four cruises booked two are NCL and those are the only ones that are giving me trouble. I hope NCL thinks they are going to get rid of us as easily as they did the Spirit Cruise. They had better offer more than just the option to cancel this.

I hope my next cruise after these will be Hawaii. Unless they get their act together, it probably won't be on NCL.

The Repo really did make out well on the itinerary changes. Good for you guys- it is around the corner. No time to rehash old deep wounds. I think they will not offer anything to anyone except the people who have airfare. I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong.

Archived