Jade staying overseas anyone heard anything

catlady461

Family I hope they do too. I really feel since this is so arbitrary. They are changing it because they want to, not because they have to and inconveniencing all of us who have booked so they can go squeeze a different cash cow. They should compensate us, also as you mentioned the fuel surcharge, I didn't have to pay it on this cruise. I shouldn't have to pay it, if I book something else. I will have to make all sorts of changes to bookings I've already made. In our case this isn't dealing with air to Miami, it is a Transatlantic cruise.

Although we as usual are left to speculate, because the cat is halfway out of the bag, and they have not made a formal anouncement yet. Business as usual.

I just called NCL. They said that every sailing is now unavailable and do not exist. I told the rep will if it doesnt exist why do I have a confirmation? He said just like POA until they get a memo, they do not know anything. Looking at the way this is playing out, NCL has very POOR business sense. If a NCL rep told someone at a show about this Jade decision, NCL knew what they were doing. They pulled the sailings from the website as well on from the whole system, leaving their phone reps with no information. NCL should advise their reps with a memo FIRST, before annoucing it to anyone, so they are prepared for the phone calls from us and the TA. This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks to me that Apollo is exerting its control and it looks like the Jade is staying in Europe(where there is smoke there is fire). The POA happened very quickly-more quickly than many had thought and this is another example of changes at NCL.

Do I think this is a good decision---no they should have waited until 2010. Yes I know its 6 months or more out but they should look at the long term. Its also a result of moving the POA/Jade- can't they make a decision and stick to it more than 30 days. IMO

Had an NCL rep not shared the posibility of this change last weekend at the Boston Travel Show and it was posted on the internet we would all still be in the dark. I have no facts yet but it is clear to me there is more to this move and the Jade may not be the only change and thus the delay in a formal annoucement.

I must say I loved the itinerary that someone pulled for the Jade this morning that gave some idea of what the Jade will be doing in the winter but not from NYC as displayed. :D

10-Day Eastern Caribbean Round-trip New York

Ship: Norwegian Jade

Embarkation port: New York City

Embarkation: Feb 5, 2009

Disembarkation: Feb 15, 2009

Ports of call: Barcelona; Casablanca; Agadir; Gran Canaria; Funchal;

I sent a copy to NCL in a email and 30 minutes later all the bookings disappeared:rolleyes:

One other thing I did read somewhere today another post speculating That perhaps the Jewel would stay in NYC after doing Canada and pick up the Jade's intineraries. Makes sense. Better fares then they can get with 4 ships in Miami.

That change will as expected start the twin to this thread by those pasengers booked on the Jewel displaced. We all know changing itineraries a year out is not unusual.

NCL's web site now shows a 12-day Barcelona to Barcelona cruise on November 30 instead of the trans-Atlantic. Includes Athens, Ephesus, Alexandria overnight, among others.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/itineraries.html?shipCode=JADE

Edit: This link goes to a generic Jade itinerary page. Go down to the last cruise at the bottom--it says Jade trans-Atlantic--click on details and up comes the 12-day Barcelona to Barcelona itinerary, not the trans-Atlantic.

NORWEGIAN JADE TO HOMEPORT IN EUROPE YEAR-ROUND

Ship extends successful maiden European season through to spring 2010

MIAMI – February 27, 2008 – NCL Corporation today announced that for the first time in the company’s 41-year history, it will deploy a ship year-round in Europe. The 2,400 passenger Norwegian Jade will sail a variety of itineraries in Europe year-round, extending its inaugural season in Europe that begins on March 30, 2008. The ship will now remain in Europe full time through to the spring of 2010 instead of the current seasonal deployment that was to end in November 2008. As part of this year-round deployment, NCL is introducing three new European itineraries – a series of 12-day Eastern Mediterranean sailings and nine-day Canary Islands and Morocco sailings, along with a 14-day Eastern Mediterranean holiday cruise, all roundtrip from Barcelona.

“We’ve seen strong growth in Europe and Freestyle Cruising has been a big success with our European guests,” said Colin Veitch, NCL’s president and CEO. “Norwegian Jade has been very well received in her first season, and our full three-ship fleet in Europe is doing so well that we are now confident in committing a ship year-round to this strongly growing market. With one of our newest and largest Freestyle Cruising ships in Europe sailing a year-round variety of port-intensive itineraries, we can now offer an exceptional cruise experience any time of the year for our guests who want to enjoy all that Europe has to offer.”

Norwegian Jade’s new European sailings from November 2008 through April 2009 go on sale March 3, 2008. The balance of the new deployment through to spring 2010 will be opened for sale shortly thereafter.

Norwegian Jade’s new 12-day Eastern Mediterranean cruise includes stops in Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Athens (Piraeus), Greece; Ephesus (Izmir), Turkey; an overnight in Alexandria, Egypt; and Valletta, Malta. Highlights of the nine-day Canary Islands and Morocco itinerary include five ports of call: Casablanca and Agadir, Morocco; Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands; Funchal, Madeira; and Granada (Málaga), Spain. In addition, Norwegian Jade will sail a special 14-night Eastern Mediterranean holiday sailing on December 21, 2008, that includes Rome (Civitavecchia) and Naples, Italy; an overnight in Alexandria, Egypt; Rhodes, Greece; Ephesus (Izmir), Turkey, Athens (Piraeus), Greece; and Valletta, Malta.

Guests booked on Norwegian Jade’s Transatlantic and New York sailings

For guests booked on Norwegian Jade’s 12-day transatlantic sailing or seven-, 10- or 11-day sailings from New York from mid-December through April 2008, NCL is offering the opportunity to move their reservations to comparable sailings on Norwegian Gem. Guests who make the change will receive full price protection and a $100 on-board credit per person (maximum $200 per stateroom). Additionally, NCL will pay for air changes fees (up to $100 per person) or hotel cancellations fees (up to $50 per room) for guests who booked air or hotels on their own. Air and hotel booked through NCL will be protected at the original rate. Guests who choose to sail on a different NCL sailing (other than the one offered) will receive a $50 on-board credit per person (maximum $100 per stateroom) on another voyage. Guests who instead wish to cancel will receive a full refund.

Guests booked on the December 12, 2008 two-day weekend getaway will receive a full refund and a $25 per person future cruise credit certificate.

NCL representatives are available at 877-474-2960 Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm ET to assist guests and travel partners with existing reservations on Norwegian Jade’s transatlantic and New York sailings. Travel partners with group reservations should call NCL at 877-474-2968. All changes must be made by March 14, 2008. After that time, all existing reservations will be cancelled.

Becky honey, build a bridge and get over it. Stop bothering me, stop looking for absolution. You're the one calling me "Passive Aggressive"

Who is attacking who? I would address you in your home forum, but freedom of speech only applies there to your friends. I am on a "time out" for expressing my "freedom of speech"

I love irony!

I am here discussing the Jade situation with other's who are affected by this change.

No my dear. You're on time out for being a troublemaker. Sound familiar?

I simply tell it like it is... "You can't handle the truth" Sound familiar? I think it is hysterically funny, someone who spends so much energy bashing this place and ridiculing the people here, just can't quite stay away. More irony...go figure.

Yup it has some of the same ports, leaves a day earlier and is a 15 day instead of a 12 day and returns to the U.S. I can live with this, the only downer is I will have to pay the fuel supplement. Oh and it cost almost the same even though it is a longer cruise. Best part is I won't have to change my airfare to Europe.

Yup it has some of the same ports, leaves a day earlier and is a 15 day instead of a 12 day and returns to the U.S. I can live with this, the only downer is I will have to pay the fuel supplement. Oh and it cost almost the same even though it is a longer cruise. Best part is I won't have to change my airfare to Europe.

That is GREAT!

I just found the cruise you are looking at. Your kids will love that ship and ONLY $ 399 for 3rd and 4th for 15 days. You can not beat that! My days of flexible vacations are gone!

Archived