Kauai Suggestions

ScarletKND

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about the Princeville Hotel. Even if you don't do lunch there, it is well worth the stop just to park and walk through the lobby to see the gorgeous view and feel yourself singing "Some Enchanted Evening" on that balcony!

No, we're going to take the car back the night before. Then we'll just walk over to the Blue Hawaiian office. I have read on other threads that you can purchase a parking ticket at a nearby shopping center for $10, but I don't know too much about that.

I got the impression from what Blue Hawaiian told us that their office was near the airport. They did not mention being within walking distance of the ship, what information did you get?

I got the impression from what Blue Hawaiian told us that their office was near the airport. They did not mention being within walking distance of the ship, what information did you get?

I heard it was about a 10 minute walk. I'll double check in case I'm wrong. Or if anyone else knows for sure, feel free to answer.

Fortunately, there aren't many "must-see"s in Kauai. All they have is a slow way of life, mist, taro, sugarcane and sea. So you can afford to slow down without missing much. The only famous site, Waimea Canyon, you are doing it the next day.

Head to the North Shore. Maybe hike the begining of the Kalalau trail a little bit. Inhale the wet jungle smell. When I smell it, I know I'm back in Kauai. I love the view from the Hanalei lookout. Passed Priceville before descending to the one-lane bridge to Hanalei valley, there's a lookout. I think it's one of the most beautiful views in the islands.

Too bad, because the restaurant at the Princeville Hotel has a breathtaking expansive view of the Hanalei Bay, a good place to have lunch or brunch. Ask for a table in the terrace. The hotel itself was getting a little tired, though. The beach below the hotel has good snorkeling, if you are there in summer. Don't even think of getting close to water there in winter.

Fortunately, there aren't many "must-see"s in Kauai. All they have is a slow way of life, mist, taro, sugarcane and sea. So you can afford to slow down without missing much. The only famous site, Waimea Canyon, you are doing it the next day.

Head to the North Shore. Maybe hike the begining of the Kalalau trail a little bit. Inhale the wet jungle smell. When I smell it, I know I'm back in Kauai. I love the view from the Hanalei lookout. Passed Priceville before descending to the one-lane bridge to Hanalei valley, there's a lookout. I think it's one of the most beautiful views in the islands.

Sounds heavenly! After our cruise we are spending another seven days on Kauai.

I'd say a 10-minute walk is extremely optimistic... 30 minutes is probably more like it. One of the considerations is that it is almost all uphill, and it is a pretty significant slope.

Besides, there is no need to. Most of the companies offering helicopter tours will send a shuttle down to the pier to pick you up, and drop you off after your flight.

I don't know how Blue Hawaiian handles it on Kauai, but Island Helicopter picked us up, and dropped us off

This is what we received from Blue Hawaiian in Kauai for our reservation in July. Departure Point: Harbor Mall, Suite 107a, 3501 Rice St., Lihue - GPS 21° 57.41N x 159° 21.12W Across from Nawiliwili Harbor. From our office, you are shuttled to and from the helipad at Lihue Airport.

Hope that helps. dpw

This is what we received from Blue Hawaiian in Kauai for our reservation in July. Departure Point: Harbor Mall, Suite 107a, 3501 Rice St., Lihue - GPS 21° 57.41N x 159° 21.12W Across from Nawiliwili Harbor. From our office, you are shuttled to and from the helipad at Lihue Airport.

Hope that helps. dpw

Mahalo for posting exactly what Blue Hawaiian sent you. There is often confusion between where the helicopter departs (the heliport at LIH) and where you go to check in from the pier (10 minute walk from the harbor).

beachchick

Archived