Eden Rock-Snorkeling-Any Good?

sunlover2

From what I have read thus far Eden Rock is just right of the tenders...correct? Is the snorkeling any good there?

My DH and DS will be doing snuba with the stingrays until 1p.m. and thought I would meet them here to snorkel a bit.

What would be another beach wintin walking distance from the tenders?

Thanks...it's been awhile since our last stop in GC.

i have snorkeled eden roc beach..turn right when u exit the tender and walk down about 10 min. it has been a few yrs but it was pretty close..as for the beach part..they have some sand/lounges. it is right next to the road, not like a beach beach...it is all coral, which makes it good for snorkeling, if it is an sandy beach, no fish or coral usually. if it is coral..sealife! when i was there, it was a very strong current, i swam out to the bouys, lots of fish and let the current take me down..then i had to swim cross current back to shore. whew! be careful gettin into the water on the steps..coral will cut you terrible! get in and get out in the water away from the edges where it is very shallow and lots of people.. u can rent a vest for $5 then u can sit on it or just hang on to it..i am a pretty good swimmer and i took a vest b/c i didnt know the water, currents..glad it did..it was alot of fun. we will be on gr cayman in may, we will be goin to sea grape beach. but u cant walk to it..i think u can walk to cemetry beach, take your drinks and equipt...nothing there from what i have read.. public buses adn cabs r pretty cheap to 7 mile beach as well...

i have snorkeled eden roc beach..turn right when u exit the tender and walk down about 10 min. it has been a few yrs but it was pretty close..as for the beach part..they have some sand/lounges. it is right next to the road, not like a beach beach...it is all coral, which makes it good for snorkeling, if it is an sandy beach, no fish or coral usually. if it is coral..sealife! when i was there, it was a very strong current, i swam out to the bouys, lots of fish and let the current take me down..then i had to swim cross current back to shore. whew! be careful gettin into the water on the steps..coral will cut you terrible! get in and get out in the water away from the edges where it is very shallow and lots of people.. u can rent a vest for $5 then u can sit on it or just hang on to it..i am a pretty good swimmer and i took a vest b/c i didnt know the water, currents..glad it did..it was alot of fun. we will be on gr cayman in may, we will be goin to sea grape beach. but u cant walk to it..i think u can walk to cemetry beach, take your drinks and equipt...nothing there from what i have read.. public buses adn cabs r pretty cheap to 7 mile beach as well...

Just wanted to note that Cemetery Beach is about 6 miles from the tender pier, take a cab or bus. There's a great "Must Read" thread at the top of this forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=449552

Archived